A bar with integrated anti-tank defense
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: A bar with integrated anti-tank defense Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:02 am
    ----
It's 20 minutes away from my home, and it's very cool. A swiss 9 cm Pak 50 outside a bar:

Massimo

#2: Re: A bar with integrated anti-tank defense Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:53 pm
    ----
A great example of the age-old Swiss traditional bar game - Shoot the Cars.

The difficult part is keeping one's balance on the thin metal trellis while loading and firing at passing cars.
I knew the UK pubs loved darts, but leave it to the Swiss to take it to another level!!

#3: Re: A bar with integrated anti-tank defense Author: Buq-Buq PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:39 pm
    ----
“Bar Apache”

Maybe it is attempting to model itself on an old American frontier fort . . . after all, it does include a miniature Statue of Liberty as part of its adornment (along with the AT gun).

Massimo, are you sure that it isn’t in Southern California? There are palm trees just out back!

Mark

#4: Re: A bar with integrated anti-tank defense Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:16 pm
    ----
- Buq-Buq
Massimo, are you sure that it isn’t in Southern California? There are palm trees just out back!

Do they serve Feldschlosschen beer in California? Laughing
It's Ticino, the place where I live. We are in Switzerland, but south to the Alps, and we are very proud of our palms!
Search Google Images for "ticino or "lugano" and see how many pictures with palms you will get Cool

The exact place can be seen on Flickr's map:
www.flickr.com/photos/...481036233/

Not that far from there there is a 155 mm model 1942 howitzer inside an house's backyard. It's clearly visible from the highway.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board