ID?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ID? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 pm
    ----
Lima, Ohio in 1952. Looks sort of like a landing craft. Anyone know what this is?

#2: Re: ID? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 am
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

That's a new one to me! I don't think it is a landing craft.
Notice the roll of track block over near the right edge of the photo. Also the duel wheel bogie behind the worker. I would guess it is some type of amphibians cargo carrier.

Interesting find!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: ID? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm
    ----
LVTU-X1

#4: Re: ID? Author: Smashy PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:32 pm
    ----
This vehicle still exists at Barstow.

#5: Re: ID? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:52 pm
    ----
Thanks, everyone! I didn't know Barstow had all of this stuff! I'll have to go out there some day!

#6: Re: ID? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:30 pm
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

It's not on display. Check the USMC mech museum site. It is listed there along with a number of other vehicles that are not on display.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#7: Re: ID? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:02 pm
    ----
Roy, You're right! I wasn't paying attention. I thought the web site was for a museum at Barstow. Smile

-> AFV News Discussion Board