March 6th Sunday bush flight
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:09 pm
    ----
Maiden flight for Com Central's new bush flight adventures! It won't be a hard one, but pay attention to weather forecast: it's snowing there where we are going, and a small kite may be hard to control when strong winds blow. The Goose is just a suggestion: you can choose a different plane, but don't be misled by the apparent short distances, so avoid models too slow for it.

-----
#001 – CYEG – Edmonton (Canada) -> CEC4 – Jasper-Hinton (Canada)
Overall distance: 163,6 nm.
Estimated time: 0:56 h.

CYEG
MIPOT - Intersection - HDG 298° - leg 9,8 nm.
3M (Drayton Valley) - VOR 110,60 MHz - NDB 385,0 kHz - HDG 241° - leg 42,7 nm.
8N (Edson) - VOR 109,40 MHz - NDB 393,0 kHz - HDG 273° - leg 56,7 nm.
WP1 - Waypoint - HDG 260° - leg 25,4 nm.
CEC4 - VOR 111,90 MHz - NDB 233,0 kHz - HDG 210° - leg 28,7 nm.
Elevation: 4.010 ft.
runways:
2 - 9.585 ft. - asphalt - no ILS
20 - 9.585 ft. - asphalt - no ILS

Aircraft: stock Grumman Goose
Cruise speed: 150 KIAS
Cruise altitude: 8.500 ft.
Weather: real
Time: 07:00 local –> 14:00 GMT

The package including flight plan, map, and text file in pdf format with navigation data can be downloaded here:
-> www.com-central.net/ma...BF_001.zip

Marco

P.S.: being the first in a hopefully long row, suggestions on how to improve and make more exciting the flights will be more than welcomed.

Last edited by Uhu_Rodion on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:44 pm
    ----
WOOHOO! The first one!

#3: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:11 pm
    ----
hehe allready tested it it out and works a treat, bit of nasty weather but who gives a ..... about that Razz Wink

#4: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:07 pm
    ----
That will be a fun trip!

#5: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:57 pm
    ----
I will be there if my computer cooperates. Looking forward to this.

Lazyeight

#6: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:30 pm
    ----
WooHoo flyin in CANADA make sure you all have your passports. I will be checking.

#7: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:39 am
    ----
Do we need the full blown scenery Bush? The demo looks great - I spent a bit of time in Port Angeles and Hurricane Ridge area and its very realistic!

I will miss tomorrow tho as I have to go pick up a boat I bought... send postcards!

#8: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:06 pm
    ----
You don't have to have all the scenery Slow, but it's SOOOOO nice, it's worth the upgrade IMO. Typical visuals you won't see are elevation differences, buildings, updated outdoor objects like trees, grasses and bushes and a sharpness to the terrain. Don't worry, we'll be posting up some pics and as the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words." .... Wink

Boat? Hmmm...it's gettin' close to fishin' time!!!

#9: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:18 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr

Boat? Hmmm...it's gettin' close to fishin' time!!!

you are close enough, cmon over!

here is the pre-order link for cliffs of dover too while I am at it

Cliffs of Dover Pre-order link

#10: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:42 pm
    ----
Everybody made it to the destination:

#11: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 pm
    ----
and here the results of todays flight Razz Wink

was great fun and looking forward to the upcoming Smile

cheers,

fled
Cool

#12: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:50 pm
    ----
Man!!!! Has it been a long time since I've done a Sunday flight with you guys - had a great time, even in the nasty weather!

Pix from my "elevated" point of view (due to the difference in the stock scenery)...y'all were rooting around underground like moles but once in the air it was all good.

#13: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 am
    ----
It was alot of fun... just like the good old day's. I am not sure why I had the elevation problem as I purchased and installed the Alaska scenery so if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

#14: Re: March 6th Sunday bush flight Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:52 am
    ----
landclass or mesh compatibility? Still looked like a hoot!

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights