Another FREEBIE that works great!
-> Software

#1: Another FREEBIE that works great! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:38 am
    ----
I know it's not like in the old days when all of us used PKzip or Winzip and it seems more and more people are making available some FREE compression utilities that are quite good. While there's some really good "payfor" utilities out there, one has to take notice of PeaZip. It's not that new to the market but it is for most part cross platform meaning it can run on most popular operating systems and can open a great array of different compression formats...

- PeaZip Web Site
PeaZip is a free archiver, available as portable and installable software for Windows and Linux.
Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, ZIP
Extract ACE, ARJ, CAB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RAR, UDF and many more file formats
PeaZip allows to create, convert and extract multiple archives at once, create self-extracting archives, bookmark archives and folders, apply powerful search filters, scan and open files with custom applications, apply strong encryption, split/join files, secure data deletion, calculate checksum and hash...

To learn more, CLICK HERE!

#2: Re: Another FREEBIE that works great! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:22 am
    ----
Having a free RAR extractor is handy.
Cheers.

#3: Re: Another FREEBIE that works great! Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:32 am
    ----
7zip extracts RAR files and it's free too. www.7-zip.org/
I've been using it for a couple of years now

Supported formats:
* Packing / Unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
* Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.

Wheels

#4: Re: Another FREEBIE that works great! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:14 pm
    ----
Yep, 7Zip is good too and I've used it not only on Win products but Linux as well... Wink

#5: Re: Another FREEBIE that works great! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:23 pm
    ----
over 10 yrs ago I invested in PowerArchiver and till to date I get the free updates for it, handles 'm all

#6: Re: Another FREEBIE that works great! Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:21 pm
    ----
Been using winzip evaluation for years...Now can't download, therefore using .RAR. and 7zip; Find RAR easier to use than 7.
Wish win7 had .zip incorporated to the OS as Vista had it.

#7: Re: Another FREEBIE that works great! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:57 pm
    ----
I installed the PeaZip thingy and like it a LOT, thanks mucho for the tip!

#8: Re: Another FREEBIE that works great! Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:46 pm
    ----
I too installed PeaZip snce I found this ost here. Never have had any issues with it and it Works like the day I got it in 2005

Berlopez

-> Software