Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon?
-> Officer's Club

#1: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 am
    ----
It's $9.54 in the U.K. (£1.30/litre).

This info is already out of date as it got to £1.34/litre this week and it's been reported we could see £2.00 a litre before the year's out.

I'll be in California in June.
Will be nice to only have to pay $3.50/gallon.
Be like being back in the Eighties.
*sigh*

#2: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 pm
    ----
Same here in Germany, we pay 1,53 EURO / Litre, no end in sight...

#3: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:40 pm
    ----
Shocked E GADDDZZZZZZZZ

#4: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:02 pm
    ----
petrol price today here has reached 1,703 Euro's per liter

x 4 = 6,812 Euro's per US gallon = 9.46782 USD

and all that cause some A**holes abuse the current situation in the middle east and are lining their pockets again over our backs

#5: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:00 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
and all that cause some A**holes abuse the current situation in the middle east and are lining their pockets again over our backs

Yep.
The kind of behaviour that started so many of history's Revolutions.

#6: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 pm
    ----
- Shades
It's $9.54 in the U.K. (£1.30/litre).

This info is already out of date as it got to £1.34/litre this week and it's been reported we could see £2.00 a litre before the year's out.

I'll be in California in June.
Will be nice to only have to pay $3.50/gallon.
Be like being back in the Eighties.
*sigh*

It's more like $4 in California, and I've seen reports of higher. I just paid $3.55 for regular here in a small town in NC.

#7: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:51 pm
    ----
I could still live with either of those.

Wink

#8: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 am
    ----
I hope it slows down, but some predict much higher prices to come...

Crude Oil is going up to $150-$200 a barrel

Sad Shocked Shocked Crying or Very sad

WE PAY FOR OUR NATIONAL DEBT VIA OIL TO MID-EAST

#9: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:57 am
    ----
Yep, we're budgeting our contracts for a hike in prices to $200.00 later this year.
We've set that as a maximum but I suspect it could go even higher.

#10: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:22 am
    ----
Paying $4.00 a gallon for it now but if it keeps going it could be $5.00 a gallon by the summer. Still cheaper than Europe though.

Wheels

#11: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:21 pm
    ----
I paid $3.45 here in town Friday. The bad thing is I am in outside sales and if I don't have to go out of town........ I fill up twice a week. I would hate to do that on the other side of the pond. Prolly would have to change jobs

#12: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 am
    ----
Our grocery store has a deal with Shell that discounts the gas the more we buy groceries. For once eating too much pays off, we will get 80 cents a gallon knocked off our next fill-up, maximum 35 gallons. It's normally not that much but has been building up since it's not snowing as much now and I'm able to commute on my motorsickle again which also knocks down the fuel bill a great deal. 51 MPG feels pretty good even when it's in the high 20's or low 30's in the morning...thank gawd for heated grips!!!

#13: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:33 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Our grocery store has a deal with Shell that discounts the gas the more we buy groceries. For once eating too much pays off, we will get 80 cents a gallon knocked off our next fill-up, maximum 35 gallons.

Yeah, but just how many Vienna sausages, Slim Jims and tortilla chips can one guy eat, anyway?

#14: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Yeah, but just how many Vienna sausages, Slim Jims and tortilla chips can one guy eat, anyway?

Funny you should ask I just added it to the spreadsheet....It's working out to about 13 MPP.

(Miles per PooOOOOOOoooooot)
Mr. Green

#15: Re: Unhappy about "gas" reaching $3.50/gallon? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Our grocery store has a deal with Shell that discounts the gas the more we buy groceries. For once eating too much pays off, we will get 80 cents a gallon knocked off our next fill-up, maximum 35 gallons. It's normally not that much but has been building up since it's not snowing as much now and I'm able to commute on my motorsickle again which also knocks down the fuel bill a great deal. 51 MPG feels pretty good even when it's in the high 20's or low 30's in the morning...thank gawd for heated grips!!!

Our grocery store has a similar plan with their captive gas stations but they sell gift cards for Home Depot, McDonalds, Bass pro Shops, Sears (and about everywhere else but Walmart) So we go there buy gift cards build up 'cents off' and fill the car. My Daughter used to work at Home Depot and said contractors were buying all their supplies with gift cards instead of cash. That way they were filling their trucks up for almost free! When I replaced our garage door last week I bought $1200 of Home Depot cards (using Discover to get the cash bak percentage from them too Wink ) and filled up the car with gas at $2.50 off the $3.49 price!

-> Officer's Club