Bovington
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 am
    ----
Cracking photos Massimo. Really sharp and well-lit.

#17: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 am
    ----
Thanks.
I think "megashorts" on Flickr has the ultimate photogallery on Bovington:
www.flickr.com/photos/...057315170/

He took the time to take indoor shots with tripod, low ISO and slow shutter speed. While I've spend a few days in the Museum, I was on a mission to collect not only portrait shots, but thousand of details and walkaround too. So, in order to avoid both tripod and flash, my pictures were handhold, high ISO (mostly 1600) and fast shutter speed.

In many ways I was pushing my camera equipment much more than "megashorts" does. In fact, if you look at the original size images on my Flickr page, you can see that some noise is visible, especially in the shadow areas.

Massimo

#18: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 am
    ----
We are waiting for your photos to be published on Flickr:)

I hope for some vehicles in storage photos because Bovington is one of the most photographed museum in the world (for example thanks to "megashorts"), but the storage rooms of it are still a mystery:

Cambridge Carrier, Oxford Carrier, Light Tank Mk IV and more …… to them we don't have recent photos.

#19: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:02 am
    ----
I have a very small amount of poor quality shots taken inside two storage hangars. None covers the subjects you are looking for, sorry.

The Museum is raising money for a new building. It will store most if not all the reserve collection. Among other things, it will have a "gallery" open to visitors. looks like it will be another milestone for the Museum, but it will takes a few years (think 2014-15)

Massimo

#20: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 am
    ----
- bialy-r
We are waiting for your photos to be published on Flickr:)

It takes time, because they are all in RAW and need to be turned into JPG, post processing them one at time.

Massimo

#21: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:20 pm
    ----
Hi,

Looking at the variety of the WWI tanks, I find myself wishing that Dragon or Trumpeter would take a shot at kitting one or two of them. I can't help thinking how cool a model of any of these would look on a (my) shelf.

Neat pics, Massimo. Thanks!

Chuck

#22: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:12 am
    ----
Well Done Massimo!!

Congratulations on your trip and terrific photos!

Good luck with all the post processing - another reason for those user-friendly jpegs!!! Wink LOL!
Cheers!

#23: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:15 am
    ----
The Whippet. Lieut. C.H. Sewell commanded this tank at Fremincourt in August 1918. He was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross (info from the Museum):

Massimo

#24: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:17 am
    ----
This is the current status of FT-17:

Massimo

#25: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 am
    ----
Peerless Armoured Car

Massimo

#26: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:22 am
    ----
Indipendent.
It's hard to take good pictures of this. It's always backlit from the window above/behind it, it's so huge that makes it hard to have the whole beast in focus. On top of it that glossy bronze-green finish reflects light.
But it's an unique design and I like it a lot:

Massimo

#27: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:23 am
    ----
Crossley Armoured Car Mk I

Massimo

#28: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:24 am
    ----
Crossley-Chevrolet Armoured Car

Massimo

#29: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 am
    ----
Lanchester Armoured Car Mk II

Massimo

#30: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:26 am
    ----
Carden-Loyd Mk VI

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board