Bovington
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 48, 49, 50  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#286: Re: Bovington Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:50 pm
    ----
That would surprise me... Unless there is some documentation about the original colors.

The tracks were black already, and the left side of the running gear is the side who was on loan to a collector that wants to rebuild one (or two?) tanks that were missing the running gear.
The hope is that part of this work would cascade again on Bovington's tank, hopefully making it a runner.

Here is a picture with the left side missing:

Renault FT-17 prototype by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#287: Re: Bovington Author: ajmac PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm
    ----
Was it the Weald Foundation that borrowed the left side?

#288: Re: Bovington Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:11 pm
    ----
- ajmac
Was it the Weald Foundation that borrowed the left side?

It's British, I don't remember the name, or maybe I never heard it... Sorry.
I remember P-O speculated a bit on the news, since there aren't that many FT hulls around. I am pretty sure more info is available on early pages of this thread.

Massimo

#289: Re: Bovington Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46 pm
    ----
The guy who borrowed the FT parts is a well knows British collector that owns a running Jagdpanther, but I'm not allowed to give any name.

P-O

#290: Re: Bovington Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:54 pm
    ----
Ooo, so many to chose from!
I'm speculating that it's going to be black, as they've painted the hull behind the tracks that colour.
I can't see the point of painting over the primer, assembling the running gear, then having to disassemble the running gear to paint behind it.

#291: Re: Bovington Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:59 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Ooo, so many to chose from!

IWM owns a Jagdpanther that used to run not that long ago Laughing Laughing Laughing

- Pzkpfw-e
I'm speculating that it's going to be black, as they've painted the hull behind the tracks that colour.
I can't see the point of painting over the primer, assembling the running gear, then having to disassemble the running gear to paint behind it.

Your observations makes sense, but I just can't believe it would be black. If it will, I bet the Museum will explain and document the choice.

Are we really sure the black isn't just another primer?

Massimo

#292: Re: Bovington Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:14 pm
    ----
I'm not sure!
There are other photos of it on his stream.

WW1 Renault FT17 Tank Prototype by shipscompass, on Flickr

WW1 Renault FT17 Tank Prototype by shipscompass, on Flickr

#293: Re: Bovington Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 pm
    ----
Remind me who said "paint it black" ??? Isn't it a British person?

#294: Re: Bovington Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:16 pm
    ----
Would that be Henry - "Any colour you like, aslong as it's black"- Ford?
Or
youtu.be/InRDF_0lfHk

#295: Re: Bovington Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:03 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Remind me who said "paint it black" ??? Isn't it a British person?

One who seeks to "gather no moss"?

Please, please tell me that's anti-rust primer coat on there. I saw a couple of similarly painted vehicles at the museum in Bucharest. It looks just as hideous outdoors.

#296: Re: Bovington Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 pm
    ----
Good news about the new building. Looks like soon people visiting the Museum should start carrying a tele-photo lens Smile
www.tankmuseum.org/ixb...rd=ART3768

Massimo

#297: Re: Bovington Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 pm
    ----
I wish they have a similar building at Saumur, to house the rare tanks that are not stored inside.. like their Sherman DD for example.

P-O

#298: Re: Bovington Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:20 pm
    ----
Bovington is going to be, once again, ahead of the rest with such a building. But don't forget they can do that because they have the budget.

Massimo

#299: Re: Bovington Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 pm
    ----
Looks like FT-17's paintjob is done:
www.flickr.com/photos/...057315170/

Massimo

#300: Re: Bovington Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 am
    ----
First pictures of the new Vehicle Conservation Centre:
www.flickr.com/photos/...9856038863

-> AFV News Discussion Board