Bovington
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 48, 49, 50  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#76: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 pm
    ----
An interesting note on the Churchill VII (the one disguised a Crocodile). It was the last Churchill ever built. It came directly from the factory to the Museum. There is a brass plate on the tank commemorating this (info from the Museum)

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

#77: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:16 pm
    ----
Here is it:

Massimo

#78: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 pm
    ----
Crusader III

Massimo

#79: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:01 pm
    ----
Matilda II, a rare view from above. Note for P-O, it's a runner:

Massimo

#80: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:55 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

question about the archer

How many different versions are there Confused

Because I have comperred the picture of the one at Bovington and the one at Overloon and the rear looks different Confused

The one at Bovington has a leafspring assembly for the towing pintle at the rear
Where the towing pintle is about the same height, as where the hull top joins the lower hull

And the one at Overloon has 2 rectangular boxes for lights (or something like that) and the towing pintle welded to the lower hull

Michel

#81: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:57 am
    ----
The photos in this thread have a quality like those from a fashion shoot only better in some ways because the steel is real. I feel a need to bow to photo master Foti. Cool Smile I have been to Littlefield's several times and I must see Bovington before I die!

#82: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 am
    ----
Thanks for the kind words. In the last two years I invested time and money to improve both my skills and equipment. Glad the results show up.
Yet there is still room for improvements, I keep refining my skills.

I never been to Littlefield myself. Hope they will turn the collection into a real museum one day, so that the day I will visit it I will be able to spend a few days Smile

Massimo

#83: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:43 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Because I have comperred the picture of the one at Bovington and the one at Overloon and the rear looks different Confused

Maybe this could help:

Massimo

#84: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:07 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Crusader III

Two crosses on the front plate on this. Similar to the ones seen on the Cruiser

Massimo

#85: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:03 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Massimo_Foti
Crusader III

Two crosses on the front plate on this. Similar to the ones seen on the Cruiser

Massimo

well, there are also several crosses on the Churchill Mk VII, which "came directly from the factory". And I think that nobody died in it on the road from the factory to the museum..

P-O

#86: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:25 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Michel_Krauss

Maybe this could help:

Massimo

.... uhm ... no Wink
Besides the picture above is showing the front of the vehicle Mr. Green

I "borrowed" your photo to make it clear Massimo
The top picture is the vehicle at Bovington, the lower one the vehicle at Overloon

yes I know the picture is to large, I will try to avoid it next time Twisted Evil

I have been searching the web and about all (old) picture's of Archer's I can find have a rear like the one located at Overloon

The one that could have been the same as the Bovington version is the one located at Latrun Israel
This vehicle has some brackets remaining at the hull, however there is no tow pintle at the lower hull
www.flickr.com/photos/...120125531/

So that's the reason of my question, I alway's presumed there was only 1 version

Michel

#87: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:59 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
well, there are also several crosses on the Churchill Mk VII, which "came directly from the factory". And I think that nobody died in it on the road from the factory to the museum..

Right Laughing

Massimo

#88: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:01 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
.... uhm ... no Wink
Besides the picture above is showing the front of the vehicle Mr. Green

I know it's the front. Wink
I wasn't clear, I wondered if there were other differences

Massimo

#89: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:27 pm
    ----
The crosses are probably personal tributes laid on Nov 11th, Remembrance Sunday in the UK, to honour fallen comrades in all conflicts. These may not be related to the individual tank but more likely to comrades from a Regiment that the tank has been painted to represent or who fought in a similar vehicle.

Tim,

#90: Re: Bovington 2011 Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:32 pm
    ----
Massimo

Maybe, some Pz.IV (interior Smile ) photos? Smile

-> AFV News Discussion Board