Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#121: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:02 pm
    ----
I know, I've seen the list of vehicles. Still Delft has a Type 97 TE-KE and you don't get opportunity to see that many Japanese tanks in Europe.

Massimo

#122: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm
    ----
True.

It's dark there, so you'll get to try out your low-light techniques!

#123: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:41 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I know, I've seen the list of vehicles. Still Delft has a Type 97 TE-KE and you don't get opportunity to see that many Japanese tanks in Europe.

Massimo

that's true ..... are there any other Japanese tanks in Europe .... Confused
(I know that there are some in Kubinka - Russia (stil part of Europe), however they are hard to get to)

Concerning the date, no problem to arrange something during that periode.
I have nothing planned for that time.

Michel

#124: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:20 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

that's true ..... are there any other Japanese tanks in Europe .... Confused
(I know that there are some in Kubinka - Russia (stil part of Europe), however they are hard to get to)

Type 95 Ha-Go at Bovington:
www.flickr.com/photos/...270470716/

Massimo

#125: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:27 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
It's dark there, so you'll get to try out your low-light techniques!

I see. Walter also reports flash isn't allowed, making things even more challenging Shocked
I wish I have a Canon 5D... I am thinking about getting one, but I am afraid it's not going to happen that soon (price is high and availability low in Switzerland)

Massimo

#126: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm
    ----
Walter and Michel kindly offered to pick me up at Arnhem and visit Overloon. I am sure we will have a busy day over there Smile

I still want to give Delft a try. Even if I am not sure I can get any decent pictures from there.

Massimo

#127: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
that's true ..... are there any other Japanese tanks in Europe .... :?

Michel, I've sent you a copy of my Preserved Japanese Tanks eBook - but you're right, there aren't many in Europe.

#128: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:23 am
    ----
A long way from the CBI/Pacific Theatres & nothing really to learn from Japanese armour?
There are precious few Japanese aircraft preserved in Europe too, the only UK ones I can think of are a Zero cockpit, Ki100, Dinah & a Zero wreck.

#129: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 am
    ----
I guess everything in Overloon is already well know, or is anybody still looking for some specific picture or data? There will be three of us, for a fully day, with at least 6 cameras, so don't hesitate to ask Smile

Massimo

#130: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I guess everything in Overloon is already well know, or is anybody still looking for some specific picture or data? There will be three of us, for a fully day, with at least 6 cameras, so don't hesitate to ask Smile

Massimo

only 6 cameras .... that's not much Mr. Green

Massimo, how many are you planning to take along then Wink

#131: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:13 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
only 6 cameras .... that's not much Mr. Green

Massimo, how many are you planning to take along then Wink

Usually I have 2 cameras, sometimes 3 Laughing

Massimo

#132: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:37 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I guess everything in Overloon is already well know, or is anybody still looking for some specific picture or data? There will be three of us, for a fully day, with at least 6 cameras, so don't hesitate to ask :-)

Massimo

Yes please! This is what I have so far:

Overloon

I'm mostly after serial numbers, e.g.
UID 1711: M4 on trailer - might need some creative work with a camera on a pole!
UID 1709: M4A2 (105)
UID 1710: M4A3 (105)
UID 1716: M32
UID 1718: M48 AVLB
UID 1721: T-34
UID 1722: T-55
UID 1705: Sexton (usually on rear hull just below starting handle hole)

Any pictures of the M4A1 outside would also be good.

Anything you get is appreciated!

#133: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:06 pm
    ----
Massimo
What date is this party at Overloon going on, maybe I can join you guy's there?
Michel (the other one Wink )

#134: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:30 pm
    ----
The current plan is to be there on Friday 6th July. Having you as well would be great!

Massimo

#135: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:25 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
Massimo
What date is this party at Overloon going on, maybe I can join you guy's there?
Michel (the other one Wink )

no problem with the names I think, we both will take a name tag

one with "Michel" and the other one also "Michel" Mr. Green

-> AFV News Discussion Board