Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:40 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
I maybe have a chance to visit Saumur in July.
One I want to visit is the new museum in Dresden, but the grand opening is for next year.

Michel

This really pi$$es me off. I was condemned to go to Dresden for many years to the annual autoimmune congress at the Technical University Dresden and apart from incredible economic development and improvement in the infrastructure of the city over twelve years, all I ever got to see was the Auto museum and some nice motorcycle and Trabant ( Laughing ) collections.

Did have lot of fun over at the area around the Hilton on the Elbe, though.

#32: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:15 am
    ----
- bialy-r
Is someone planing to visit:

M40 GMC – Charleston, AR (USA)
M40 GMC – Mena, AR (USA)

"vagabond" maybe you ? because you are travelling a lot Smile

Bialy-r -
It's doubtful that I'll be anywhere near those AR locations in the near future - sorry! Sad
If I do get anywhere near, I'll let you know.

Cheers!

#33: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:09 pm
    ----
Well I'm back, here is a list of some of what I have posted online, These are all pretty large posts. I post over at the CDSG site, here is a link to the pics
tinyurl.com/yb8fxyg

34th Annual MVPA Convention at Evansville, Ind

Aberdeen

Allegheny Armor Museum

Artillery and Engineers Museum, St Petersburg, Russia

Battleship Texas

Boalsburg PA, Military Museum

Bovington UK

Evergreen Aviation Museum, McMinnville, OR

Forbes Field Air Museum, Topeka KS

Fort Sill, OK

Kansas City, World War I Museum

Kansas National Guard Museum, Topeka KS

Koblentz, Germany

Korean War Memorial, Seoul Korea

Latrun Armor Museum, Israel

Lenino, Russia

Lone Star Flight Museum, Galveston TX

LST-325, Evansville Indiana

National Museum of the United States Air Force, Wright-Patterson AFB

Naval Air Museum, Pensacola, FL

Octave Chanute Air Museum, Rantoul, IL

Oregon National Guard, Clackamas,OR

Patton Museum, Fort Knox, KY

Philippine Air Force Museum, Manila, Philippines

Ropkey's Museum, Crawfordsville, IN

Salem, Oregon National Guard

Udvar-Hazy Center, National Air and Space Museum

#34: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:52 pm
    ----
EasyJet doesn't offers a Milano-Sofia direct fly anymore. Now I am not sure I will go to Sofia this summer

Massimo

#35: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:46 am
    ----
I may go to Belgrade instead.
I'll wait for Rafal's report on Sofia's Museum and consider it again for 2012

Massimo

#36: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 am
    ----
I am refining my schedule for the upcoming months.

SWITZERLAND

- Full's Museum will open tomorrow. I will visit it at least once this year. On July 2-3 they run their annual event, I plan to be there too

- June 18 event at Forte Mondascia. It's a very small one, but it's just 30 min from my home

- June 25 event in Kradolf. Not that big, but nice

- I've just got a new lens and would love to try it out at Thun's Panzermuseum (outdoor vehicles only). I hope to go in June

- Should get the opportunity to visit SHP in Thun too, and check what they are doing on the Vickers 34. But I need to match the schedule with a busy friend

EUROPE

- Looks like I will be in Belgrade in early September

- I still have some hope for Munster in June, but my work schedule most likely will prevent me to go Sad

- Maybe a surprise visit to a cool collection in France

Massimo

#37: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:37 am
    ----
Early June will bring a quick trip to Frankfurt, looks like I may be able to stop at Sinsheim.

Massimo

#38: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: junglejim65 PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:41 pm
    ----
I'll be going to Bovington and IWM Duxford end of June, Parola in Finland in July. Usually hit Duxford and Parola every 2 yrs (friends in Duxford and Family in Finland) but haven't been back to Bovington in +10 years.

Jim

#39: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:37 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
looks like I may be able to stop at Sinsheim.

Massimo

hope that there will be no snow out there in June... Mr. Green

P-O

#40: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 am
    ----
My first trip at Sinsheim was a disaster from a photography standpoint. Snow outdoor and wrong white-balance due to tricky incandescent lights indoor... I am positive next one will be better Smile

Massimo

#41: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:52 pm
    ----
Is someone planing to visit new Tank Museum in Strängnäs (Sweden) ?

It will be open in June and have tanks from Axvall

www.arsenalen.se/

#42: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:24 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
here is my plan for the next "tank spotting "session, around 1st May 2011 :

visit the Bulge/ardennes area. The tanks that I would see are :

La Gleize : Tiger II
Malmédy : SdKfe 250 (if it is still there)
Poteau : M5 Half-Track, M8 Greyhound, M5 HST
Thimister Clermont : M4A4 Firefly, M10 GMC
Arlon : M10 GMC
Bastogne : various tanks and turrets
Beffe : M4A3(76)
Durbuy : private collection with some Sherman wrecks
Grandmenil : Panther tank
Hotton : Firefly turret
Houffalize : Panther tank
La Roche en Ardenne : early M4A1(76) and M10 GMC
Vielsalm : M4A1(76)
Wibrin : M4(75)
Wiltz : M4(75)
Ettelbruck : M4A1(75)
Clervaux : M4A3(76)
Diekirch : M4A1E8

P-O

hello,

here are the two first galleries published :

King Tiger at La Gleize (52 photos)
Early M3 Half-Track at Stavelot (21 photos)

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Tanks_in_France/belgium_luxemburg.html

I took nearly 800 pictures in 2 days and filled a 2 Gigabytes memory card, so all this has to be sorted out and it will take some time..

P_O

#43: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:10 pm
    ----
I went to Fort Knox today it was depressing, so I just went to the Px and bought some junk.

#44: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:14 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
I went to Fort Knox today it was depressing, so I just went to the Px and bought some junk.

Post Of The Month.

Laughing

#45: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:02 pm
    ----
new galleries published there today :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Tanks_in_France/belgium_luxemburg.html

PzKpfw V Panther Ausf. G at Houffalize

PzKpfw V Panther Ausf. G at Celles

M4A4 Sherman Firefly at Remember Museum, Thimister-Clermont

M4A1(76) Sherman at Vielsalm

M4A4 Sherman Firefly hull with 75mm turret at Hermeton-sur-Meuse

More to come on tomorrow

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board