Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#226: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:04 pm
    ----
My fault - I should have given more advance notice! We were just travelling on 28th anyway.

The outdoor display being closed was a shock, all I could do was take photos over the fence.

Also for me it was a family trip - my daughters are in a choir that toured to Vienna, so the museum trip was just a bonus. A lovely city.

#227: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:30 pm
    ----
We left Vienna on 31st morning. So we missed an unique opportunity to meet

Massimo

#228: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm
    ----
We visited on 30th. Yes, I'm sorry we missed that opportunity.

#229: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:37 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
The outdoor display being closed was a shock, all I could do was take photos over the fence.

You can see the vehicles here (feel free to use any picture):
www.flickr.com/photos/...220689906/

The "tent"where they usually held temp display was closed too. I already spoke about the WW I area and my concerns. All in all, it wasn't the best time for a visit Sad

Massimo

#230: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:27 pm
    ----
Seems like I will be in Copenhagen this summer, I see there is TĂžjhusmuseet, what should I expect?
Any other place worth visiting?

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#231: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:20 pm
    ----
I have been in the Tojhusmuseet back in 1992
Their Armoury was quite interesting back then

Walter

#232: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 pm
    ----
What kind of pieces they have on display? From which historical period?

Massimo

#233: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 pm
    ----
From what I seen in my very old photographs ,they had a lot of pre-1900 artillery
And outside I saw a M10 Achilles
For now I know they have some german ww2 guns like Pak 40 and Flak 88 as soem other Flak guns
Their should also be a Goliath
But I can't remember seeing those back in 1992

Walter

#234: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:12 am
    ----
Seems like family's plans are changing, Copenaghen will be postponed and this year we will visit Stockholm instead. Of course, that means a trip to Arsenalen Smile

Massimo

#235: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:00 pm
    ----
Looks also very interesting !
looking forward to hear and see from your visit

Walter

#236: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:52 pm
    ----
We chatted a few times about organizing a "group visit" to some cool location. I think the best way to make it real would be to start with something not too complicated.

Currently I am considering going back to Bucharest, to spend more time on subjects I wasn't able to cover during my first visit (I was surprised by the amount of artillery over there!). I also would look to be there on a season without too much vegetation (there is plenty among the outdoor display).

Here a few random considerations:

- Bucharest is well connected and easy to reach by plane, including low-price airlines
- Accommodation isn't too expensive, and you get great value for money on restaurants
- We could pick an hotel in down-town and people from different places could arrive at different time
- I could bring some extra camera equipment for other fellows AFVs geeks, or be able to assist people that would like to improve their photo skills
- I personally think about spending 3 days over there, people with different needs may spend less time, or consider other attractions

Due to the above considerations on vegetation, I am thinking about late fall this year, but I am willing to adjust my plans if other people would like to join.

Massimo

#237: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:04 pm
    ----
Hello,

I think I will not be able to join, BUT I would have a specific request for you Massimo.. it is about the M4A2 Sherman displayed there..

P-O

#238: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:30 pm
    ----
Hi Massimo

Allthough the idea is interesting I can't go
My small budget will be needed this year for a trip to Germany and to England

Walter

#239: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:50 pm
    ----
I'll go to England too.. when do you go there Walter?

P-O

#240: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:14 pm
    ----
Unfortunately I'am on an organised tour in that period Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board