Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:33 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
I went to Fort Knox today it was depressing, so I just went to the Px and bought some junk.

Hope 'we' can make things better in the future.

Did you see the new 'Coast Guard' hats in the gift shop...??

Regards
Don

#47: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:05 pm
    ----
Hi Don, we didn't stop in, i guess we should have for the caps. I did buy a GPS for this summers trip to Poland.........

#48: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:10 pm
    ----
My plan to visit either Sofia or Beograd this summer just vanished Sad

I am looking into a week-end in Vienna. Not that many AFVs over there, but some cool austro-hungarian artillery. On top of that, I love the place.

Massimo

#49: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:28 pm
    ----
V has to be the nicest city in the world, at least in the top 5 if not number one. Have fun......

#50: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:02 pm
    ----
Quick trip to Full tomorrow. My first visit this year. I plan to look for the StuG III coming from Poland, see if the Pz 39 is now out of the workshop and check Kingtiger's status. Will try my brand new "camera pole" set-up as well.

Massimo

#51: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:13 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Quick trip to Full tomorrow. My first visit this year. I plan to look for the StuG III coming from Poland, see if the Pz 39 is now out of the workshop and check Kingtiger's status. Will try my brand new "camera pole" set-up as well.

Massimo

Do you were there ?

#52: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:19 am
    ----
Yes, I went to Full. Unfortunately my backlog is very long, so it will take a while before I will post pictures. In the meantime I can report the news.

The G-13 that came from Vallorbe is still in Full, in the parking area, under a tarpuline. No StuG III in Full. I may be able to get more info on this in July, during their annual event.

AMX-13 105mm SPG was cosmetically restored and is now in the new hangar (used to be in the parking).
Many new ex-Swiss Army M113s arrived this winter, pretty cool.
A new M47 wreck is parked just outside the workshop.
Pz 39 is still in the workshop, scheduled to run again in July.

Massimo

#53: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:00 pm
    ----
Things I saw for the first time in 2011:

- 24 mm Panzerabwehrbefestigungskanone 1938
A very cool version of the 24 mm for bunkers

- Berna 2VN
Swiss heavy truck

- Centurion M-78778
Swiss Centurion, there are now 3 on display

- Entpannungspanzer 65/88 M-78669
Swiss recovery tank. Museum got it in 2010

- M47 wreck outside the workshop

- M113 G Pz 63 M-73955
Engineering version. Arrived in 2011

- M113 Kdo Pz 63 M-73652
Command version. Arrived in 2010

- M113 Kdo Pz 63-73 M-74439
Same as above. arrived in 2011. People can visit the interiors and seat around too

- M113 Kran Pz 63 M-74616
Recovery version. Arrived in 2011

- M113 Mw Pz 64 M-74219
Mortar version. Arrived in 2011

- M113 Uem Pz 63 M-74299
Radio vehicle? Arrived in 2011

- Rotinoff Super Atlantic
Museum had this since 2003, but wasn't on display. It now has an heavy trailer with a Centurion on top behind it. Very cool!

- UAZ-469B
Arrived in 2010

- Unimog S
Museum had it since 2004. First time I see it on display

I also took some time to finally start taking pictures of the Oerlikon's collection. I am not done yet, but I already covered 32 different 20 mm guns Shocked

All in all, the Museum keep getting better

Massimo

#54: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:56 am
    ----
I am back from Sinsheim. Still have to sort all pictures. Will have better shots of RSOs and german half-tracks for Walter. Maybe even some decent shots covering Panther wreck. It will take time to post-process them... Heck, I am not even done post-processing my Bovington's pictures from March!

June will be a busy month, next stop Forte Mondascia, then Kradolf, finally Full for their annual events.

Massimo

#55: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:45 am
    ----
Does anybody know what kind of AFVs they have in Athens? I´m going there in July to the weapons museum.

#56: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:02 am
    ----
I've seen pictures of interesting artillery stuff from that place.
You should check on Flickr

Massimo

#57: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:05 am
    ----
In Athens :

Army Park

www.flickr.com/photos/...377509013/

War Museum
www.flickr.com/photos/...08/?page=8

#58: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:03 am
    ----
Thank you!

#59: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:33 pm
    ----
I plan to visit Thun's Panzermuseum (the outdoor collection) later this month. Let me know if you have any special request

Massimo

#60: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:33 am
    ----
Been at Forte Mondascia yesterday, nothing special, a few of ex-Swiss Army softskins, including some nice post-WW II Jeeps, with Pak 57 gun or 106 Mm recoiless.Their Pz 68 had its engine turned on, but it doesn't move for more than 10 meters, due to lack of space and recovery vehicles.

This weekend I will be in Kradolf, either Saturday or Sunday, depending on the weather. There could be new AFVs belonging to private collectors, including an half-track, Alvis Sabre and BMP-1.

I was planning a visit to Thun on Thursday or Friday, but weather forecast is very bad.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board