Our plans and trips to military museums
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#76: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:21 am
    ----
Yes, I like planes too, so I am sure I will enjoy that Museum the day I will visit Berlin.
BTW Me 163 Komet wasn't supersonic-capable.

Massimo

#77: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:24 am
    ----
I'll have a free day on 19th this month. I'll watch weather forecast to see if I could visit Thun's Panzermuseum. I am still working on a complete photo coverage of it (have lots of pictures already, just want more).

Massimo

#78: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:45 am
    ----
Although I'm not long back from my business trip to Brazil, I'm just about to leave again - this time on a family holiday (actually for a wedding) in Hong Kong. I plan to photograph the Comet in the Coastal Defence museum there - if anyone knows of any other tanks there, please let me know!

#79: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 am
    ----
Bad weather, trip to Thun aborted Sad

Massimo

#80: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:10 am
    ----
Bad luck!

#81: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:02 pm
    ----
I believe my tank-spotting season is over. Time to start planning for next year. At the top of my list I have a 3/4 days visit to Munster.

When I was a kid I was dreaming about visiting AFVs collections in Bovington, Aberdeen, Saumur, Thun, Munster and Trieste. The APG collection is gone, and I've visited all the other locations apart Munster (have to go back to Trieste one day and get better pictures). I think it's time to fulfill those dreams Smile

Years later I learned about Kubinka and Latrun, but those are more complicated to visit and belong to my adulthood anyway. They are both on my list, but can keep waiting.

Belgrade and Sofia are still on my radar for a weekend trip next spring/summer.

Massimo

#82: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:16 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I believe my tank-spotting season is over. Time to start planning for next year. At the top of my list I have a 3/4 days visit to Munster.

When I was a kid I was dreaming about visiting AFVs collections in Bovington, Aberdeen, Saumur, Thun, Munster and Trieste. The APG collection is gone, and I've visited all the other locations apart Munster (have to go back to Trieste one day and get better pictures). I think it's time to fulfill those dreams Smile

Years later I learned about Kubinka and Latrun, but those are more complicated to visit and belong to my adulthood anyway. They are both on my list, but can keep waiting.

Belgrade and Sofia are still on my radar for a weekend trip next spring/summer.

Massimo

speaking of dreams, mine is rather to visit not well-covered places, such as the tank collection in Ahmednagar, India, and the tanks at El Alamein, Egypt. Above all, I would like to get more Sherman serial numbers, but this is a bit complicated to achieve..

Pierre-Olivier

#83: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:08 pm
    ----
Maybe someone want to visit Tank Museum in Ankara (Turkey) ?

That's a mystery museum with Pz III, Pz IV, Valentine, Light Tank Mk VI, M36 Jackson, M3 Stuart, M4 Sherman, M24 Chaffee, T-26, M74, Universal Carrier, Daimler Dingo, Renault R-35 and Turkish APC based on M24

Last edited by bialy-r on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

#84: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:09 pm
    ----
not sure that this museum is open to the public..

P-O

#85: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 pm
    ----
Looks like I'll be in Munich at the end of February. Of course I will visit Deutsche Museum, for the planes. Any AFV spotting opportunity over there?

Massimo

#86: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:38 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Looks like I'll be in Munich at the end of February. Of course I will visit Deutsche Museum, for the planes. Any AFV spotting opportunity over there?

Massimo

well, I visited it already and this is really worth a visit. However, I don't remember having seen any AFV there.

P-O

#87: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:11 pm
    ----
Most, if not all, the planes I would like to see are in the main location:
www.deutsches-museum.d...ronautics/

There is also a separated exhibition for aviation, 18 kilometers north of Munich's downtown:
www.deutsches-museum.d...flugwerft/

Then I've read great things about the land transport exhibition, again, in a separated location, but in the city:
www.deutsches-museum.d...rszentrum/

There is also BMW's own museum... Looks like I will have to make some hard choices

Massimo

#88: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:00 am
    ----
I just booked a trip to Barcelona in April. I assume there is an artillery collection inside Montjuic Castle, right?

Massimo

#89: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 pm
    ----
I'll have a company internship in Southern France from 26 March to 7 April, so this will be an opportunity to visit again some WW2 tanks in "Operation Dragoon" area (landing in Southern France in August 1944), and to see some vehicles that I've never seen before.

P-O

#90: Re: Our plans and trips to military museums Author: Smashy PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:23 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I just booked a trip to Barcelona in April. I assume there is an artillery collection inside Montjuic Castle, right?

Massimo

The military museum was moved elsewhere in 2009.

-> AFV News Discussion Board