Another Sherman-based civilian crane
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Another Sherman-based civilian crane Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:14 pm
    ----

#2: Re: Another Sherman-based civilian crane Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:17 pm
    ----
Where is it located?

#3: Re: Another Sherman-based civilian crane Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:50 am
    ----
Terrific vehicle. I wonder if we'll see a point where these post war converions are as treasured as the vehicles they were based on?

#4: Re: Another Sherman-based civilian crane Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:48 am
    ----
Location unknown, I found it on a German crane forum, no mention of its location (Or age of the photo)

#5: Re: Another Sherman-based civilian crane Author: mikek92888 PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:50 pm
    ----
It's from this site:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lsmithtwin/LifeAtLeTourneauCollege19601963#
Life at LeTourneau. There's pics on the site of the Land Train as well as some scrap Sherman's. The crane has the classic LeTourneau cab used on many of their earth moving equipment. The cab can also be seen on a U.S. Army missile transporter, I don't remember what the designation was, I think Renwal did a kit of it.

#6: Re: Another Sherman-based civilian crane Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 pm
    ----
- mikek92888
It's from this site:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Lsmithtwin/LifeAtLeTourneauCollege19601963#
Life at LeTourneau. There's pics on the site of the Land Train as well as some scrap Sherman's. The crane has the classic LeTourneau cab used on many of their earth moving equipment. The cab can also be seen on a U.S. Army missile transporter, I don't remember what the designation was, I think Renwal did a kit of it.

Some very interesting pics there. Lot's of shots of the "Land Train" and the "Sno Train", well into the album.

Ol' R.G. Tourneau sure flew in style, I loved all the pics of his personal A-26 conversion. Nice for a guy that looked like the ultimate curmudgeon.

I bet they still argue about who bunged the fender on that '57 Chevy two-door. Laughing

#7: Re: Another Sherman-based civilian crane Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 pm
    ----
Dear Colleagues,
I talked with Mr. L.S., who posted the photos in Picasaweb. Expressed interest in discussing the Com-Central. I hope the Mr. L.S. answer the questions here.

-> AFV News Discussion Board