aborted carrier landing
-> Officer's Club

#1: aborted carrier landing Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 pm
    ----
ABORT

pretty amazing... bet he had to clean his own plane tho!

#2: Re: aborted carrier landing Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:49 am
    ----
LOL...try that in a hawker...lol

#3: Re: aborted carrier landing Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:56 am
    ----
I wonder why you dont see the afterburners as he flies away? I would have hit EJECT!

#4: Re: aborted carrier landing Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 pm
    ----
LOL...

#5: Re: aborted carrier landing Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 pm
    ----
Out of interest, why didn't his tailhook catch?
And what woulda happened if it had?

#6: Re: aborted carrier landing Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 am
    ----
i think you can spot a small spark/pop where it did snag one wire... but i wonder the same thing - i would think it would slam it on the deck?

#7: Re: aborted carrier landing Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:46 am
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
I wonder why you dont see the afterburners as he flies away? I would have hit EJECT!

With Modern high bypass turbofans you don't usually see an obvious 'dragontail' when you use the AB. On the F-15s I worked on (25 years ago Shocked ) you only saw an obvious glow when you could look straight up the pipe. On F-106s there was an orange exhaust at least 1/2 the length of the plane!

#8: Re: aborted carrier landing Author: ph-aadLocation: Cadiz, Spain PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:33 pm
    ----
Cool You got it all wrong. This guy was just trying
to pick up the ship.
It's part of their new Quick Tactical Deployment Program.
They pick up the ship and just fly it wherever they need to.
This guy just missed the cable....

#9: Re: aborted carrier landing Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 pm
    ----
LOL

-> Officer's Club