April 10th Sunday bush flight
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:41 am
    ----
A friend writes: "Hallo mates, a long time ago I used to live in a place whose I keep nostalgic memories: there I left my heart, and as I've been told you are in the premises, could you please help me to retrieve it?"
Yeah, my friend: this is a mission for CC-super-heroes!
Special flight, where you have to land on every airfield marked in the nav-log: namely Packwood, Ranger Creek and Lester State, before stopping at De Vere.
Mr. Green

-----
#006 – WN55 – Randle-Kiona Park (USA) - > 2W1 – De Vere (USA)
Overall distance: 97,0 nm.
Estimated time: 1:11 h.

WN55
WP1 - Waypoint - HDG 068° - leg 8,3 nm.
55S (Packwood) - no VOR - no NDB - HDG 031° - leg 7,3 nm.
- elev. 1.053 ft. - runways - >1/19– 2.262 ft. - asphalt
WP2 - Waypoint - HDG 024° - leg 6,4 nm.
WP3 - Waypoint - HDG 349° - leg 7,1 nm.
WP4 - Waypoint - HDG 295° - leg 5,0 nm.
WP5 - Waypoint - HDG 032° - leg 6,1 nm.
21W (Ranger Creek) - no VOR – no NDB - HDG 343° - leg 5,4 nm.
- elev. 2.565 ft. - runways - >15/33– 2.875 ft. - asphalt
WP6 - Waypoint - HDG 316° - leg 9,1 nm.
WP7 - Waypoint - HDG 332° - leg 4,6 nm.
15S (Lester State) - no VOR - no NDB - HDG 077° - leg 7,9 nm.
- elev. 1.693 ft. - runways - >5/23– 900 ft. - grass
WP8 - Waypoint - HDG 024° - leg 8,0 nm.
WP9 - Waypoint - HDG 107° - leg 13,7 nm.
2W1 - no VOR - no NDB - HDG 076° - leg 8,1 nm.

Elevation: 1.800 ft.
runways:
8 – 2.051 ft. - asphalt – no ILS
26 – 2.051 ft. - asphalt – no ILS

Aircraft: stock De Havilland Tiger Moth
Cruise speed: 80 KIAS
Cruise altitude: 12.000 ft.
Weather: real
Time: 17:00 local –> 00:00 GMT

The package including flight plan, map, and text file in pdf format with navigation data can be downloaded here:
-> www.com-central.net/ma...BF_006.zip

Marco

#2: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:42 pm
    ----
not sure that there is a "stock" Tiger Moth included with fsX

I can highly recommend Ant's beautifull freeware Tiger Moth for fsX SP2 available => here <=

fled
Cool

#3: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:31 pm
    ----
Thanks Marco...

Thanks Fled for the link! See you all on Sunday!...

#4: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:48 pm
    ----
I might be a little late but I would hate to miss this one...

#5: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:17 pm
    ----
Don't worry Gunter but you may want to check your plane for missing parts prior to take off...

#6: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:11 pm
    ----
Sorry but I am going to miss this one too. We will be on the road. This is the kind of flight I have been looking for and really hate to miss this one. Should be there the week after that though. Keep up the good flights.

Lazyeight

#7: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:32 pm
    ----
Don't worry Lazyeight, we'll watch out for 'ya! (Anyone know how to sign his name on the bar tab? )...

#8: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:28 pm
    ----
Thanks Bush. Enjoy the drinks. I flew the flight this morning and it is great. You really enjoy all that scenery we have been buying. Those airports can sneak up on you so be careful. Have fun tomorrow. The flight will be much better flying with the group.

Lazyeight

#9: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:14 pm
    ----
Sorry to be the bearer of bad News

Tonight my Flight rig decided to go tits up, I'm writing this from my old crate PII.

Hopefully next month I have the dosh to replace the MoBo and the CPU and salvage the rest of the stuff to re-use it again.

Sad
fled
Sad

#10: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:57 pm
    ----
Oh no, Fled, that really is bad news...

#11: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:06 pm
    ----
OUCH!!! Good luck Fled and we have our fingers crossed for 'ya...

#12: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:41 pm
    ----
Thanks Marco for preparing this wonderful flight. You choose a very scenic route and showed us quite impressively how different the stock FSX is from the ORBX scenery (since the destination lies outside the ORBX world) and all this in that excellent Tiger Moth, all in all a perfect flight!

#13: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: DüsselwingsLocation: EDDL PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 pm
    ----
Yes, thanx for that flight,!! I had a lot of fun and I think, I will take the Tiger a bit more now for such trips! And the route was great, especially climbing to 7200 was quite exciting!! Idea: Perhaps - if all have it - we could make a trip with the A2A PiperCub once...

See you!
Stephan

#14: Re: April 10th Sunday bush flight Author: DüsselwingsLocation: EDDL PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:46 pm
    ----
- Snorre
Thanks Marco for preparing this wonderful flight. You choose a very scenic route and showed us quite impressively how different the stock FSX is from the ORBX scenery (since the destination lies outside the ORBX world) and all this in that excellent Tiger Moth, all in all a perfect flight!

Yes, indeed.... here exactly begins Gatesland.... Wink

Here´s our reduced team from sunday:

and the smoke was fun ;-):

Cheers, Stephan

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights