New Armored vehicles Museum in Denmark
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New Armored vehicles Museum in Denmark Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:09 pm
    ----
Pansermuseum Oksboel

In Danish.

Some soldiers from the maintenance shops of the Danish army, have worked on some of the older vehicles and restored them to their former glory.

All armor is after ww2 period. Even though there are some M4s and a M10 in the collection.

In Denmark we have a Sdkfz 250 and a Panzer III N on stock, but I doubt these will be exhibited as they were part of the Minenkommando Dänemark, which forced German POWs to remove mines, by driving vehicles over them and forcing the POWs to march through the minefields after the "all clear" had been given.

Danish government is not too proud of that part of our history.

#2: Re: New Armored vehicles Museum in Denmark Author: clausb PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:36 pm
    ----
- VonForhud
In Denmark we have a Sdkfz 250 and a Panzer III N on stock, but I doubt these will be exhibited as they were part of the Minenkommando Dänemark, which forced German POWs to remove mines, by driving vehicles over them and forcing the POWs to march through the minefields after the "all clear" had been given.

Danish government is not too proud of that part of our history.

The two German vehicles have been on display at the Army Arsenals Museum in Copenhagen for years, but where put in stoorage some time ago. As far as I know, both are scheduled for restauration.
I seriously doubt their removal from the museum exhibits had anything to do with their past usage, as other AFVs were removed at the same time.

I'm not sure how the "goverments" lack of pride in that part of history is showing and I seriously doubth that the "goverment" has any say on what the Royal Arsenals museum exhibits and what not.

-> AFV News Discussion Board