Internet Explorer 9
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Software

#1: Internet Explorer 9 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:10 pm
    ----
So IE9's out.
I can imagine Bushy already rolling over in his grave.

1st off, M$ have changed the layout again, so you have to find out where everything is all over again.

2nd, it views things very differently to IE8.
Don't believe me?
Take a look at the new revolving globe on the left hand tool bar in C-C.
It's no longer revolving, it's no longer a globe, and it no longer fits the bar.

It may well be better than IE8.
Just wish I could find everything.

I've had Office 2007 for four years and I'm still trying to get to grips with the 'Ribbon' tool bar in that!

#2: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:13 pm
    ----
Just noticed their own 'Back' arrow button doesn't even fit where it's supposed to be.

I'm beginning to get the impression that I'm being used as M$'s unknowing, free, beta-tester.
...Again.

#3: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:23 pm
    ----
toss IE9 off your system install Google Chrome and be done with it Razz

#4: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 pm
    ----
Yep, that's exactly what I did and I'm quite happy with Chrome!

#5: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 pm
    ----
Found the globe thing is because of the ActiveX "security" setting.
Turn that off and it works again.
The 'back' button still doesn't fit their own frame though.

#6: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:40 pm
    ----
It doesn't work in XP either.

Wheels

#7: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:42 pm
    ----
The globe is a browser Flash add-on. For XP, try using a updated Flash add-on or different browser.. Wink

IE is getting better, but they're no longer leading the "Browser" pack. It took MS quite a long time to figure out that their way isn't always the best way... Smile

Chromium (Google Chrome is based on that), Google Chrome and FireFox are far better browsers IMO, but they're not the only one's to consider. Opera is quite nice and growing in popularity as well and there are some lesser known such as Safari and the minimal Midora.

I've been using Chromium, Google Chrome and FireFox for quite awhile and I've been messing around with FF 4 and I'm pleased with the speed and new look, but I have noticed a weird bug now and again with the right click menu not staying after it opens making it impossible to select anything. A quite restart fixes the problem, but it's a bug non-the-less.

Do I like IE? No. While it's getting more compliant with industry standards, it still has a way to go IMO and since there are lots of browsers that are there already, I'll leave the beta testing to those that like to do that sort of thing... Wink

#8: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:56 pm
    ----
IE 9 is not supporting the XP OS. You have to have a minimum spec of Vista service pack 2 to use IE 9. The Globe works just fine. Cool

Wheels

#9: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:13 am
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
IE 9 is not supporting the XP OS. Cool

Wheels

Sounds like MS is doing you a favor...lol (snickering)

#10: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:18 am
    ----
I just updated to IE8 can't say I'm pleased with it. The look is empty and boring, it keeps asking me via a tool bar to diable tool bars it itself installed whe it scanned my sys. previous to nstallation, Like Skypes' tool bar. the pits!?

#11: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:03 pm
    ----
Disable all the yahoo, google toolbars.
They are simply magnets for 'advertisers' (meaning spam mail).

#12: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:26 pm
    ----
Shades,Thanks for the tip. I have a toolbar left after dissabling Google;; Didn't have Yahoo; It's called NERO, Came with the burning software I downloaded for burning CD's.

Can't say I like it and it looks more dubious than Goggle.

#13: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: jrockyLocation: South St Paul, MN USA (KSGS) PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:25 pm
    ----
- berlopez
Shades,Thanks for the tip. I have a toolbar left after dissabling Google;; Didn't have Yahoo; It's called NERO, Came with the burning software I downloaded for burning CD's.

Can't say I like it and it looks more dubious than Goggle.

Try clicking on the very top of the browser next to the locator address bar then if Nero shows in the menu list uncheck it, should go away. Also Yahoo or Google toolbars can be disabled by this method.

#14: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:02 pm
    ----
Hello Shades, I managed to get rid of NERO By the method you described. Google is another matter it opens twice and eventhough I try the same method it doesn't want to go away...What browser option do I have after I erase both of them?

I get two Google taps at the top???

#15: Re: Internet Explorer 9 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:32 pm
    ----
- berlopez
What browser option do I have after I erase both of them?

FireFox...lol

-> Software