Display Issue in desktop?
-> Hardware

#1: Display Issue in desktop? Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:30 pm
    ----
I don't know if this is the right place to post this issue?

When I exit FS a screen opens in black in front of the desktop...takes a while (3-5 seconds) before the desktop shows completely; Without knowing any better this to me is a driver issue. I have windows 7 32 with Nvidia GeForce 7500 LE,updated to the latest Nvidia driver... Gives me excelent results for my FSX Accel.At some pointy I installed a desktop driver.Don't rememeber what it was called,but belive this is what is causing the issue, Any advice is greatly appreciated

#2: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:05 am
    ----
Might be a dos window just closing the game down(?).
Must be a driver issue if it didn't happen before.
Can you do a system restore and get back to a time it didn't happen?
It might be fine if you re-install it all again now.

#3: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:09 pm
    ----
Shades thanks for your reply and advice... Here's the thing I got hit by the mcAfee bug last year, despite formatting my system twice from originally Vista 32 to XP-SP3 done by a computer shop repairman,In order to get a refund form mcAfee for damaging my system,they needed a bill.

Then that crashed as well and I formatted it myself to win7 32. The desktop driver was installed well before all this happened...by myself,because I was having terrible driver issues at the time as my computer came with win7 preinstalled but nothing else.no drivers, nothing to play FS at all,So by calling computer support " Fujitsu Siemens" they adviced me download driver for the sytem and keep updating...And that's how I not knowingly installed this suspected desktop driver. I caanot do a system restore because of the previous formatts and remembering a date is now impossible. I was just flying one of my Connies form cal-classics.com and while changing views my prop textures turned solid black. I had to dump te flight

Another thing that is annoying me is whenever I click intoa manu after FSX has started,sya to change planes I get a black screen and the message bar saying " Loading complete" Then it load normally; I've tried asking around why this happens,but haven't got a satisfactory response. I do however have a lot of aircraft addons. Could it be that?

#4: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:50 am
    ----
I'm not sure what you mean by "Desktop Driver". Does this mean the system driver disk and/or manufactures updates? If so, make sure you back up your old drivers prior to installing the new drivers. Here's a good FREE program to do that... Click HERE!

Once you backup your drivers, you may want to consider making an image of your C Drive. See THIS POST for more details.

For the FSX issue and the black screen, this is almost always a video card driver issue. You may want to try using an older driver to see if it clears up and perhaps the same one you used prior to getting issues. Not all updated drivers work well with all systems, so always be prepared to use your older driver is the new one causes issues.

Aircraft/Scenery add-ons will slow your FSX on initial loading as well as changing planes/areas. The more you have the slower the loading and/or changing times.

Of course, the final solution is to start over...UHG...

Good luck... Wink

#5: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:46 pm
    ----
Helo Shadow " Desktop drivers" was the drivers' name When all this started I posted in the local forum here in Dk. and was adviced to do a system Image,with intructions and all. After inserting the CD and begginin the process...When it finished I ended up with a disc that when I open it contains:

Boot
EFI
proload
Sources
Support
Upgrade
Autorun
Bootmgr
Setup
I posted this back in the forum,as it didn't make any sense to me. They looked at it and the guy whos' advice I fallowed vanished...Since then I've left it as is...Since it works,It's just annoying.

I looked at the elinks and this is all too complicated for me to do.

#6: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:48 pm
    ----
What happens when you start the computer with that CD/DVD in the player? Does it try to boot something?

#7: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:27 am
    ----
Honestly I haven't tried....Fearing it would boot something and make me start all over with a new installation of the OS.When I put the disc in,Once computer started it shows those folder I describe above. I posted these int eh local forum and they didn't know what to do with them; Neither do I?

I'm not very good with the computer, I've learned by trial and error...Sometimes having to do things the Long way,because of my ignorance; Since my issue with mcAfee and having to reinstall everything,by myself I considre myself lucky I still have a computer. Sorry to sound so self condescending.

#8: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:09 pm
    ----
No reason to apologize, life is a learning experience... Wink

My advice would be for you to start over. Before you do, READ THIS POST. It was written for XP, but the fundamentals are the same.

#9: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:40 pm
    ----
Wow this seems a drastic solution,just to uninstall a driver,a whole OS formatt. It's taken me months to get it the way I have now,since that mcAfee thingy hit me last year. I thought there could be remanants of it on the system, but after two different formatts firts two XP ( reccommended by mcAfee and then to win7, my choice I would have thought the system would be clean?

It is strange though that the driver is still present and annoying me...This I cannot understand. Sad

I even tried taking a screen shot of the event the double screens by pressing "prtScn"...But when I went ot Paint and document to see if had recorded it...There was nothing? Sad

#10: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:40 am
    ----
Not a fan of McAfee but never heard of this problem you describe with it.
I use Norton and you'll find plenty of people here who don't like that either.
The trouble is that Norton isn't really geared up for gamers unless you know how to set it up properly.
It's a massive program but that means it drags performance down which has a particularly bad effect on games like FSX.

If you have some sort of virus and you cannot 'repair' the effect, the only option is to completely re-format the system.
Today's virus' can leave roots in various parts of your registry (even the system restore memory) so they simply re-install themselves after you 'delete' them.
You have to get rid of all traces and that means a complete re-format.

Your system must have come with some drivers or you wouldn't be able to use it.
I am not sure the problem you're experiencing is from a virus.
I think it may be a compatability issue with one of your aircraft/scenery add-ons.
Without working on the system I wouldn't be able to identify it accurately.

I would think about a complete format and re-install.
Make sure you install anti-virus and firewall software before you start installing peripheral software (games/add-ons).

Turn on your System restore and proceed slowly.
If you can track the issue down to one particular add-in, do a system restore to the previous day and knock that one off your list.
Then start trawling forums until you find others who've had the same problem and find out how they fixed the problem.

p.s. 'PrtScn', open Paint, then press 'Ctrl' + 'V' (short code for 'paste').

#11: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:43 am
    ----
I'm trying to avoid doing all this shades. I'm afraid to say.

That's what I did...I pressed "prtScn,while the two windows were up both with taskbar...Then when I opened Paint and Ctrl+V Nothing pasted? As if the system was in between doing something?

#12: Re: Display Issue in desktop? Author: tomridal PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:53 am
    ----
if u want to know click here

[edited; irrelevant link. RS]

-> Hardware