Afv's and GPS coordinates
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Afv's and GPS coordinates Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:18 pm
    ----
Over the years we did collect a lot of locations with coordinates here at the discussion board, but not a lot has been done with them.
To make some use of them I did compile a few files with those coordinates, a .klm file to be used in Google Earth, a .gpx file (GPS exchange format, most gps software can use that), a .gdb file (the standard Garmin database) and a .ov2 file (just for the TomTom users). All the known (to me that is ) coordinates are in there. You can find the files here: www.afvregister.org/Download.aspx

Michel

#2: Re: Afv's and GPS coordinates Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:31 am
    ----
Michel, Thank you, I will put this to use the summer.....

#3: Re: Afv's and GPS coordinates Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:02 am
    ----
I have a bunch of locations inside a Google Map I use for my own reference. There could be italian and swiss locations you are missing. Hope it could help:
maps.google.com/maps/m...d69b3f&z=4

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Afv's and GPS coordinates Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:30 am
    ----
Thanks for the offer Massimo, all help is welcome. However the link provided doesn't work for me.

It's my intention to update the files frequently (every 100 coordinates added to the list or so).

Michel

#5: Re: Afv's and GPS coordinates Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:36 am
    ----
hello,

to be honest, when I do tankspotting, I don't use GPS coordinates. Indeed, in most cases I don't even know exactly where the tank is located (name of the street). I'm used to ask the inhabitants "hey man, where is the american tank" and usually they know.

Pierre-Olivier

#6: Re: Afv's and GPS coordinates Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:37 am
    ----
Sorry for the wrong link. This should be fine:
maps.google.com/maps/m...d69b3f&z=4

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board