Would anyone happen to know if a "Hero of the Soviet Union"
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Would anyone happen to know if a "Hero of the Soviet Union" Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm
    ----
Would anyone happen to know if a "Hero of the Soviet Union" is buried at this location Sowjetischer Ehrenfriedhof Baruth, Germany. Also two T-34's there.
Lat 52.06656,Long 13.5079

#2: Re: Would anyone happen to know if a "Hero of the Soviet Uni Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:22 pm
    ----
I have checked and it will be difficult to figure it out, unless there is a list complete of the Russian soldiers there.

Because there are at least 13.561 people that received the award "Heroes of the Soviet Union", of which more then 11.000 during WW2.

I did find the following link, perhaps it's helpful because it lists all people who received it.
The people are divided in groups for which time periode they recieved the award, so WW2 would be the Great Patriotic War.
They are also listed with a date they died, so you could sort them out for 1945.

translate.google.com/t...roes.ru%2f

Michel

#3: Re: Would anyone happen to know if a "Hero of the Soviet Union" Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:11 pm
    ----
Thank you Michel
That might just help me......

#4: Re: Would anyone happen to know if a "Hero of the Soviet Uni Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:50 pm
    ----
well this should give you something do to, during a rainy sunday afternoon Laughing

Michel

#5: Re: Would anyone happen to know if a "Hero of the Soviet Union" Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:16 pm
    ----
The only one I know of is in the soviet cemetery on the Hohne Ranges ring road - IIRC its a wo0man sniper and she is buried just inside the entrance gate?

#6: Re: Would anyone happen to know if a "Hero of the Soviet Uni Author: FtFrankFan PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:21 am
    ----
Here is a picture of the tombstone of the grave in question.

-> AFV News Discussion Board