Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#91: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 am
    ----
Then it must be recently happened, I didn't see any Shermans over there some weeks ago.

#92: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: earlymb PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:57 pm
    ----
Both the Maaldrift and Soesterberg storage facilities are off-limits to visitors.

#93: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 am
    ----
officially yes....

#94: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm
    ----
The aerial photo of the Sherman is from 2006

It could be one of the Shermans that are part of the military museum organization collection, for example the M4A1 76mm
The length of the barrel would fit the description.

Michel

#95: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:42 pm
    ----
I had some time to spare yesterday so I went to Overloon
- Trevor

UID 1709: Overloon M4A2 (105) HVSS "Indefatigable Gerard"

I believe this is a M4A3E8(105), looking at the engine deck it has the configuration of an A3. I also doubt there where M4A2E8(105)'s build.

The T17E1 Staghound is also back from restoration

Michel

#96: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 pm
    ----
now I have a good reason to go there again (will the 3rd time this year or so) Mr. Green

#97: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 am
    ----
The preserved Leopard 1V at Oirschot was last month removed from its plinth and is completely repainted. Also all markings were renewed and now the tank is looking fine again.

After years in the rain with the hatches open it was still capable (after jump starting) to move on its own power.

#98: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 pm
    ----
Noted today at the Engelbrecht van Nassau barracks in Roosendaal was a Ferret with r/n KN-31-24.

A Ferret mk.2 with the same registration was seen in June at the storage depot at Soesterberg.

#99: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
After years in the rain with the hatches open it was still capable (after jump starting) to move on its own power.

Not that unusual, but always impressive!

#100: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:48 pm
    ----
I'm now returning to work on Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands after some time away. First off I've finished writing up Overloon and adding the last of my photos. Let me know of any errors or omissions, meanwhile I'll move on to other locations.

Location ID 11400: Liberty Park Oorlogsmuseum, Overloon

- Michel_Krauss
Trevor,

found the T34/85 of the Marshall museum Zwijndrecht 8O

I knew I had seen it some place before, it's at the MILWEB for sale

www.milweb.net/webverts/56114/

Michel

Thanks for the tip - I've written this up, will give details in the Britain thread.

- Tichenor
- Trevor

I believe this is a M4A3E8(105), looking at the engine deck it has the configuration of an A3. I also doubt there where M4A2E8(105)'s build

Sorry - didn't spot this at the time, but recently corrected.

- earlymb
- Michel_Krauss

Concerning the vehicle of the Military museum Delft, no s/n and no track records are known.
It's assumed it came from the French or Belgium Army

Michel

The s/n of this vehicle is C69126. It is currently in storage and not available for public display. I don't know about its origins.

Greetz :wink:

David

Thanks - have noted for when I write up Delft.

#101: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:42 pm
    ----
- Tichenor
- Trevor

I believe this is a M4A3E8(105), looking at the engine deck it has the configuration of an A3. I also doubt there where M4A2E8(105)'s build.

Basically it is an M4A3(105) HVSS hull fitted with the twin diesel engine out of an M4A2.

HTH
Hanno

#102: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:52 pm
    ----
I'm currently working on the Amersfoort museum, so far I'm about halfway (about 90 photos):

Location ID 11700: Cavalry Museum, Amersfoort

M4A1E9 (taken with camera pole)

#103: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:12 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I'm currently working on the Amersfoort museum, so far I'm about halfway (about 90 photos):

Excellent timing! I am planning my time in the Netherlands next month. I know I'll spend a whole day in Overloon and most likely another half day in Delft. I am still on the fence regarding Amersfoort...

- TrevorLarkum

So you put the Canon 600D on the pole. It's not the heaviest reflex camera, still it's heavier than a typical compact (I use Canon G12 for pole shots). I would be afraid a reflex on a pole would be top-heavy and unstable. What kind of equipment are you using as pole, how long is it?

BTW Maybe we should move this discussion to the camera's gear thread.

Massimo

#104: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:31 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum

Location ID 11700: Cavalry Museum, Amersfoort

if you need some more photos let me know Wink

#105: Re: Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm
    ----
Hi Trevor,
I send you a e-mail and some photos from Amersfoort

Regards,
Lesley

-> AFV News Discussion Board