Happy Memorial Day
-> Officer's Club

#1: Happy Memorial Day Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:57 am
    ----
Thank You to those who have served and those who are!

#2: Re: Happy Memorial Day Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:33 am
    ----

#3: Re: Happy Memorial Day Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:35 pm
    ----
Happy Memorial Day, thank you veterans one and all...

In Flanders Fields

#4: Re: Happy Memorial Day Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:47 pm
    ----
Well said. Thanks to you!

lazyeight

#5: Re: Happy Memorial Day Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:03 pm
    ----
THANK YOU VETERANS, PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE.....

#6: Re: Happy Memorial Day Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:04 pm
    ----
As a Vet I appreciate the thought but Memorial Day is to honor those who paid the ultimate price. Those are the ones who we truly honor today. The rest of us will gladly wait till November for Veterans day

#7: Re: Happy Memorial Day Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:35 pm
    ----
Very True Bob. What I believe Veterans and those serving now need to be honored every day. I, on this day remember the fallen and Honor those who serve.

In Flanders Fields
John McCrae, 1915.
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

#8: Re: Happy Memorial Day Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:46 pm
    ----
Thanks for clarifying that, Bob, you are right, and I didn't mean to blur the boundaries in my enthusiasm as it is an important distinction.

#9: Re: Happy Memorial Day Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:30 pm
    ----
- bsmart
As a Vet I appreciate the thought but Memorial Day is to honor those who paid the ultimate price. Those are the ones who we truly honor today. The rest of us will gladly wait till November for Veterans day

Bob is absolutely right. Memorial day is that time when we spare a thought for those that made the ultimate sacrifice and are no longer here to stand muster with their brothers, of whatever generation.

Which is not to say that we who are still here do not appreciate the spirit of the posting, but we'll wait our turn in November, or whenever we make the great "Permanent Change of Station"

-> Officer's Club