Ropkey's Armor Museum
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:48 pm
    ----
hello everyone. i posted some photos from Ropkey's over here.....a little bit of everything,airplanes towards the end 50+ pics

Ropkeys... click here

#2: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: Smashy PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 pm
    ----
Nice images - as always AJ

#3: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:44 pm
    ----
Thank you

#4: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:57 pm
    ----
Very impressive collection. I can see something in the status of the equipment, or in the way things are assembled for display... Something that almost tells there is somebody who really cares behind.

Thanks for sharing

Massimo

#5: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm
    ----
Nice pictures!

#6: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:08 pm
    ----
AJ

Awesome stuff!! Thanks for the Ontos stuff !! Its nice to see it got a repaint to more accurate configuration.

Now I wonder where he got the bumper # & USMC #. Authentic to the hull or made up?

Great Stuff, Tanks again

Regards
Don

#7: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:04 am
    ----
Good collection, you've not closed the tag for picture 24. Any chance of captions to the photos too?

#8: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:30 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone, how about a test and everyone see how many they can name?? That would save me some research and it might be fun on a hot summer day. I sure we have folks in here that know most all the names off the top of their heads.....If that idea doesn't work, I'll do them when I get a little more time.....Thanks everyone..................

some are easy, some a little harder

Thanks Pzkpfw-e

#9: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:40 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
Thanks everyone, how about a test and everyone see how many they can name?? That would save me some research and it might be fun on a hot summer day. I sure we have folks in here that know most all the names off the top of their heads.....If that idea doesn't work, I'll do them when I get a little more time.....Thanks everyone..................

some are easy, some a little harder

Thanks Pzkpfw-e

Well, I've satisfied myself that the red Harley-Davidson is just a civilian WLA 45 like the large green one and not (as I'd hoped) a ULH 80 (flutes on the engine case and unless the toolbox is hiding it, no dry sump oil tank). Laughing

He sure does take care of his M-41(s). Good to see.

#10: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 pm
    ----
Nice work on the photos. They came out very clear!

I need to get back there someday soon and check out the FT-17, which last I saw it was in the workshop all torn about. I even have some pics of it back then ... somewhere. Smile

- Jeff

#11: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:15 pm
    ----
ok, let's give it a try
I have only listed the one's where I have some idea
1) Windsor Carrier, wrong nameplate in front of vehicle
2) M3 light tank
3) M24 Chaffee
4) M18 Hellcat tankdestroyer
The Shermans still sort of a mistery to me, however a first gues Confused
5) M4A3 (75) Sherman
6) M4A3 (105) Sherman
7) M4A3E8 (76) Sherman
8 ) M26 Pershing
9) Russian MG Maxim Model 1910
10) a Ford, no idea about type
14) M47 Patton
15) Dodge WC-56 Command Car
16) Dodge WC-21 Ambulance
17) deuce and a half, GMC Confused
18) M7B2 Priest SPH
19) M8 Greyhound Armored Car
20) M20 Armored Utility car
21) most likely M3 Half track
22) M3 Scout car
23) something from Japan, Type 97
24) Dodge WC-21 open cab pickup
25) Jeep
28) Motor Scooter airborne Cushman 53 Autoglide
29) M41 Walker tank
30) M109 SPH, don't know which version
32) & 33) Dontos
34) River Patrol Boat
35) Bell Huey UH-1
36) US 37mm AT-gun
48) one of the Continental 1790 type of engines
49) Continental R-975-C1
58) Russian Antanov AN-2

Michel

#12: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 pm
    ----
26 & 27: WLA H-D 45 c.i.

42: 45 c.i. flattie, civilian model WLA, probably pre-war, but possibly post. Doubt the chrome springer was stock.

43: Going out on a limb, but most likely an Indian one-lunger, based on the girder front end.

#13: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:47 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
ok, let's give it a try
I have only listed the one's where I have some idea
1) Windsor Carrier, wrong nameplate in front of vehicle

Michel

1) Nameplate is correct that is T16

#14: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm
    ----
already got it wrong at the first vehicle Crying or Very sad

you better pay no attention to the others then Laughing

Michel

#15: Re: Ropkey's Armor Museum Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:09 pm
    ----
Hey,....no fair on the Motorcycle ID stuff!!!

I don't have a clue when it comes to Motorcycles! They all look alike to me,....beside the color, that is...

BUT then again, some might say I am totally clueless !? (ha ha ha!)

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board