Interesting TV Show - 'Ice Pilots'
-> Officer's Club

#1: Interesting TV Show - 'Ice Pilots' Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:06 am
    ----
Here in the States it's on National Geographic Channel. It is about Buffalo Airways mainly in Yellow Knife Canada. They Fly DC-3s, DC-4s, L-188 Electras, CL-215 Water Bombers and C-46 Commandos!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I didn't even know there were any C-46s still flying The show has been interesting, following the people and the airplanes. I'm watching an episode now where they are delivering two CL-215s from Yellowknife to Turkey. It's interesting including an IFE due to an engine issue.

#2: Re: Interesting TV Show - 'Ice Pilots' Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 am
    ----
just watched it yesterday deliverin some water bombers to Spain... very cool

#3: Re: Interesting TV Show - 'Ice Pilots' Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 am
    ----
Click HERE!... Wink

#4: Re: Interesting TV Show - 'Ice Pilots' Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 am
    ----
I've caught the show a few times and am always floored by how GORGEOUS the Curtiss C-46 Commando is in flight. There's a polished bare-metal one at the Dulles Smithsonian not far from where I live, but the green & white livery of the one in this series really accentuates the lines of the airplane. Makes a good show even more fun to watch.

And Bushy saw it first! Smile

#5: Re: Interesting TV Show - 'Ice Pilots' Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr

you know what they say, give 10,000 monkey a typewriter and eventually they will type gone with the wind LOL

just sayin

#6: Re: Interesting TV Show - 'Ice Pilots' Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:04 pm
    ----
LOL Slow!

It's easy to get caught up with Ice Pilots and who doesn't like Prop planes and especially WWII planes? Wink

-> Officer's Club