Full Militärmuseum
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:01 pm
    ----
- zemsi
- Massimo_Foti
I was there last Sunday together with Christoph Zimmerli of www.wheelsandtracks.com.

Hi Massimo

I think it was Saturday

Greetings
Chris

Welcome to the forum!

#32: welcom Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:31 am
    ----
... thank you, Trevor. I've been a lurker for a long time Rolling Eyes

Greetings
Chris

#33: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:19 pm
    ----
I'm sure Massimo has pointed out our work so far:

Preserved Tanks In Switzerland

Many of the tanks there have links to your website (e.g. at Hinterrhein), it's a great resource.

Last edited by TrevorLarkum on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#34: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:30 am
    ----
We managed to take a look into the workshop. This one has never been on display. I suspect it's a new acquisition

BMP-1 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#35: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:30 am
    ----

BTR-60 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#36: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am
    ----

LTL-H by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#37: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 am
    ----
Chris knows CMP trucks much better than me. I'll let him comment on this:

Ford Canada truck by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#38: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:47 am
    ----
New acquisition. This is an ex-swiss tank, that served in Sweden for a few years and now is back home

Centurion ARV by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#39: Re: Centurion ARV Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:38 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
New acquisition. This is an ex-swiss tank, that served in Sweden for a few years and now is back home

... here you can see some pics of the transport to Switzerland.

And here's the story about the recovery:
Code:
    Am 21. September traf im Schweizerischen Militärmuseum Full ein Transport mit zwei neuen Ausstellungsstücken ein, die ab Saisonbeginn 2012 im Museum präsentiert werden. Es handelt sich dabei um einen Entpannungspanzer 56 Centurion und ein 4cm Flugabwehrgeschütz Bofors.

Die Entpannungspanzer Centurion wurden von 1956 bis 1991 in der Schweizer Armee in 30 Exemplaren als Entp Pz 56 verwendet. 1988 wurden 10 Stück verschrottet. 1991 wurde ein Exemplar für die Sammlung des Historischen Armeematerials des Bundes ausgesondert und die restlichen 19 Fahrzeuge wurden an die schwedische Armee abgegeben, wo sie bis 2002 im Einsatz standen. Anschliessend wurden die Fahrzeuge in Schweden fast vollständig verschrottet.
    Es ist unserem Museum nun gelungen, den letzten in Schweden noch verfügbaren Entpannungspanzer 56 Centurion aus Schweizer Beständen zu erhalten und wieder in die Schweiz zu überführen. Verändert wurden in Schweden im Wesentlichen nur der Tarnanstrich und die neuen Nebelwerfer. Das Fahrzeug ist vollständig ausgerüstet und technisch in hervorragendem Zustand, was sich auch beim Ablad des Panzers und der anschliessenden Fahrt aus eigener Kraft in die Museumswerkstatt zeigte. 

#40: Re: Ford Canada Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:41 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Chris knows CMP trucks much better than me. I'll let him comment on this:

It's a Ford F60S. The Swiss army used about 300 Chev C60S and Ford F60S, for a short period after the war (10-15 years). They weren't very popular with the drivers. Used for towing the 10,5cm guns

On swissmotor is an intersting article.

#41: Re: welcom Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 am
    ----
- zemsi
... thank you, Trevor. I've been a lurker for a long time :roll:

Greetings
Chris

Many thanks for the photo's you sent - I'll discuss them in the PTi Switzerland thread.

#42: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 am
    ----
A video from the annual event, last week-end:
www.youtube.com/watch?...ature=plcp

This year the Museum showcased its Warsaw Pact vehicles. The BMP-1 we saw in the workshop is now running well.

Massimo

#43: Re: Centurion ARV Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:46 am
    ----
- zemsi
- Massimo_Foti

... here you can see some pics of the transport to Switzerland.

And here's the story about the recovery:
Code:
    Am 21. September traf im Schweizerischen Militärmuseum Full ein Transport mit zwei neuen Ausstellungsstücken ein, die ab Saisonbeginn 2012 im Museum präsentiert werden. Es handelt sich dabei um einen Entpannungspanzer 56 Centurion und ein 4cm Flugabwehrgeschütz Bofors.

Die Entpannungspanzer Centurion wurden von 1956 bis 1991 in der Schweizer Armee in 30 Exemplaren als Entp Pz 56 verwendet. 1988 wurden 10 Stück verschrottet. 1991 wurde ein Exemplar für die Sammlung des Historischen Armeematerials des Bundes ausgesondert und die restlichen 19 Fahrzeuge wurden an die schwedische Armee abgegeben, wo sie bis 2002 im Einsatz standen. Anschliessend wurden die Fahrzeuge in Schweden fast vollständig verschrottet.
    Es ist unserem Museum nun gelungen, den letzten in Schweden noch verfügbaren Entpannungspanzer 56 Centurion aus Schweizer Beständen zu erhalten und wieder in die Schweiz zu überführen. Verändert wurden in Schweden im Wesentlichen nur der Tarnanstrich und die neuen Nebelwerfer. Das Fahrzeug ist vollständig ausgerüstet und technisch in hervorragendem Zustand, was sich auch beim Ablad des Panzers und der anschliessenden Fahrt aus eigener Kraft in die Museumswerkstatt zeigte. 

I didn't see this originally . For those of us who do not speak German...
On 21 September in the Swiss military museum in Full arrived transport one with two new exhibits that will be presented from beginning of the season 2012 in the museum. This is a Entpannungspanzer 56 Centurion and a 4cm Bofors anti-aircraft guns.
The Entpannungspanzer Centurion were used from 1956 to 1991 in the Swiss Army in 30 copies as Entpannungspanzer 56th 1988 10 pieces were scrapped in 1991 was 1 copy for the collection of historical material of the Federal army discarded and the remaining 19 vehicles were delivered to the Swedish army, where they were in use until 2002. Then the vehicles were scrapped in Sweden almost completely.
It is our museum now succeeded in the past in Sweden still available Entpannungspanzer get to 56 from Centurion Swiss stocks and to convey them to Switzerland. Were changed in Sweden, essentially only the camouflage paint and the new rocket launcher. The vehicle is fully equipped and technical in excellent condition, which is also demonstrated in the Unloading of the carapace and the subsequent drive on its own in the museum workshop. This will be seen in Spring 2012 in our museum. It is gratifying that in Switzerland, so that at least two more copies of this legendary vehicle available.
Also from Sweden received our museum a 4cm Bofors anti-aircraft gun. The gun was manufactured in 1938 in the Austrian state factory in Vienna. Bofors guns of this type were available from numerous manufacturers in different countries built in large numbers and used around the world to modern times. The museum already has used in France, modernized weapon of this type. It is interesting now that it was the newly obtained, in 1938, produced in Austria gun is still an unchanged original version.

#44: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:48 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
A video from the annual event, last week-end:
www.youtube.com/watch?...ature=plcp

This year the Museum showcased its Warsaw Pact vehicles. The BMP-1 we saw in the workshop is now running well.

Massimo

Your work is again stellar. I don't know why you are not in Hollywood.

#45: Re: Full Militärmuseum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:08 am
    ----
Honestly, my video is just a bunch of clips crudely glued together. Images are good quality because modern reflex cameras can take high quality videos too, but it takes more time and skills to mount a video properly.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board