This one goes out to Fr8ycat
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 pm
    ----
Because he's the only one of us still commutin' in Sunny So Cal, and because the guy in the video kinda even looks like him, and because... well, just because! Razz

#2: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:20 pm
    ----
If he hasn't seen "405" by now, I call for surrender of his "man card"!

I can swear I passed that LOL* myself a couple of times and she did the same thing to me. Being the considerate sort of fellow that I am, I reciprocated....didn't wanna' seem anti-social or anything.

*Little Old Lady

#3: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm
    ----
ROFLMAO...

#4: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:55 am
    ----
LOL...that's a good one.

Yep still doing all 110 miles round trip of it.

Now if I could only get one of those Jets to come in and clear out all those cars in front of me.

#5: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:55 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
LOL...that's a good one.

Yep still doing all 110 miles round trip of it.

Now if I could only get one of those Jets to come in and clear out all those cars in front of me.

Well, you're going to have to find another route soon what with carmageddon about to begin. Glad I'm missing it! Rolling Eyes

#6: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 am
    ----
Fortunately all my driving is on the 5 which is only slightly better.

You knew this one was coming.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlLZ4RWyyAw

#7: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:06 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat

OK, that was funny (from someone who used to use the 405 a lot). Now you know why, when I was working the area from Denver, I always booked into John Wayne-Santa Ana (and stayed in San Diego). Once I lived there, I had to commute to all LA from North County so I was routinely on the 5 and the 405 (and always tried to have visitors arrive at Santa Ana...not possible if they were international, though). It sure never occured to me to drive to LAX for my international flights when I could puddle jump with American Airlines Express for a one hour flight every 45 minutes.

They needed to do something, though, the 405 was making up in crowding what it lacks in the 5's crappy condition and bumps as you approach downtown.

I must say, I don't miss the big city life at all. (I just do all my shopping by mail order now!) Mr. Green

#8: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:17 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat

ROFLMAO...that's tooooo funny! Growing up in Chicago, I can appreciate the traffic reference, but the part about the phone chargers had me rollin'...lol

Ascout, like you, I don't miss that congested crap at all... Wink

#9: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:57 pm
    ----
I suspect Carmageddon will end up being a non story. I remember how the LA freeways were supposed to be gridlocked for months before and after the 1984 Olympics and nothing ever came from it. Towing companies were even hiring extra trucks and drivers to handle the expected gridlock.

Wheels

#10: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:09 am
    ----
Remember when the guy stole a tank and drove around San Diego. Maybe someone should do that in LA this weekend Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

#11: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:19 am
    ----
- bsmart
Remember when the guy stole a tank and drove around San Diego. Maybe someone should do that in LA this weekend Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I sure do, Bob. Also remember the guy who did the same thing at Ft. Knox in '72 or '73...put his into the branch PX dining room and the MP station on the corner (now the fire department). Got the pics of that one from Don and the Patton Museum. I was there for that one, and the branch PX was between the Armor Board HQ and it's motor pool, Heard Motor Park.

Heard he got six years hard labor at Leavenworth, which is better than the guy in San Diego got (bullet through head).

#12: Re: This one goes out to Fr8ycat Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 am
    ----
- bsmart

I sure do and I was happy I wasn't anywhere near San Diego on that day. What surprised me the most was that the pedestrian overpass didn't collapse when he hit the columns with that tank.

Wheels

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum