Thunder Over Michigan Air & Ground Parade - Fri 7/22
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Thunder Over Michigan Air & Ground Parade - Fri 7/22 Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 am
    ----
Hi all,

Wanted to alert everyone to the parade that is happening on Friday 7/22/11 in Belleville, MI. Starts at 6:30 PM. It's part of the kickoff for the amazing airshow put on by the Yankee Air Museum.

According to the website below, the parade is to be followed by a demo of the 4 participating LVTs on Lake Belleville.

www.yankeeairmuseum.or...europe.php

The first part of the page talks about the battle reenactment at the show and the bottom deals with the parade.

I've quoted a post from one of the show organizers on the airshowbuzz.com site here:
"We will be holding our annual THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN Air & Ground Parade again this year on Friday, July 22nd at 6:30 pm in Downtown Belleville, MI. (the parade will include the military vehicles, reenactors and some of the aircraft).

Once the parade is finished all the military vehicles will be on static display along with the four LVT's at Horizon Park (all four LVT's will also be preforming a demonstration on Belleville Lake at the conclusion of the static display)."

Cheers,
VB

#2: Re: Thunder Over Michigan Air & Ground Parade - Fri 7/22 Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 am
    ----
I'll be there, stop and say hello.

Chris

#3: Re: Thunder Over Michigan Air & Ground Parade - Fri 7/22 Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:32 pm
    ----
Chris -
You bet!

What do we look for?/where should we look for you?

The VBs

#4: Re: Thunder Over Michigan Air & Ground Parade - Fri 7/22 Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:03 am
    ----
I'm one of the re-enactor coordinators, so I'll be in contact with the registration tent. or Look for "Jezebel" the 42 GPW with a M1919A4 mounted buzzing around the show site.

#5: Re: Thunder Over Michigan Air & Ground Parade - Fri 7/22 Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:05 am
    ----
I just got some sneak preview shots of the 14th armored's M-5 stuarts re-painted in Marine Corps cammo for our Pacific themed battle this year! We are doing the PTO to tie in with the Naval Aviation Centennial this year!

#6: Re: Thunder Over Michigan Air & Ground Parade - Fri 7/22 Author: ChrisC PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 am
    ----
Some event photos
s725.photobucket.com/a...0Michigan/

-> AFV News Discussion Board