Interesting Browser Info...
-> Software

#1: Interesting Browser Info... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:44 pm
    ----
As most of you who know me, know I'm not a big fan of Internet Explorer or MS for that matter and the different browsers adhering to different standards aren't helping either.

I came across this article today which is stating some facts about the new HTML5/CSS3 standards (We're still using HTML 4 standards at the moment) coming fast down the 'pipeline'.

There's some surprises in this article and here's a quote and link to the full article...

- TechRepublic
Browser wars again?

Maybe not, but most browsers today are now focused on HTML5 and CSS3 support, and many are moving toward a better compliance ratio. According to HTML5 accessibility, leading the pack in browser-rendering compliance of the HTML5 feature support is Google Chrome, and then in a close second comes Mozilla Firefox, followed by Internet Explorer 9, then Safari, and Opera, and then all previous versions of Internet Explorer are bringing up the rear. According to the HTML5 accessibility report, as the browsers shift toward HTML5 compliant rendering most are not graded too high at all with the highest rating of “Poor +” for Chrome.

However, HTML5 & CSS3 Readiness shows that Google Chrome is also leading the pack with HTML5 feature support when compared with seven other browsers across twenty-eight features. Their ranking differs slightly from the HTML5 accessibility with Safari 5 in second place, Opera 11 next, then Firefox 4.0 and 3.6, followed by IE 9, then IE 8, and lastly IE 7.

Click HERE for the full article.

#2: Re: Interesting Browser Info... Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:33 pm
    ----
Thanks, interesting reading

#3: Re: Interesting Browser Info... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 pm
    ----
using Chrome for a wee while now no problems Razz Wink

#4: Re: Interesting Browser Info... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:29 am
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
using Chrome for a wee while now no problems Razz Wink

You should never use Chrome for a wee.

#5: Re: Interesting Browser Info... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm
    ----
LOL Shades...

Chrome is a very good Browser and I use both Chrome and FireFox on a regular basis. The Chrome I use is "Chromium" although, not to be confused with "Google Chrome" which is based on Chromium. Both versions are multi-platform and speedy... Wink

-> Software