Athens, TN - M60A3, M59
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Athens, TN - M60A3, M59 Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 pm
    ----
Another vacation stop-

VFW Post #5146, Athens, TN
-M60A3 Patton SN 2246, AAD Rebuild SN 3926A, RN 9B5578
-M59 SN E5408
-McDonnell-Douglas NF-4E Phantom II s/n 66-0319 (c/n 2561)

Patton SN

Patton RN

I have no idea where to look for the serial on this, so I'm assuming either Joe D confirmed it before, or its presence on the TACOM register and at the post is enough Smile

Bonus shot of the Phantom, which records indicate is an actual Thunderbirds veteran.

#2: Re: Athens, TN - M60A3, M59 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:55 pm
    ----
Speaking of which - in a loose tenuous way.. Has anyone got an image /images of a T59 [M59 Prototype)?

#3: Re: Athens, TN - M60A3, M59 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:10 pm
    ----
Did you visit the M60 in front of the NG Armory ?

Very early model with all the M2 attachments still on the turret. Also still has all the original light arm housings and fittings. Used to work in the office right behind her.

On another note, that A3 you photographed above is the oldest M60A1 hull that I know of in existence. 16th to be produced not including the three reworked M60 hulls for the pilots.

#4: Re: Athens, TN - M60A3, M59 Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:17 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Did you visit the M60 in front of the NG Armory ?

Very early model with all the M2 attachments still on the turret. Also still has all the original light arm housings and fittings. Used to work in the office right behind her.

On another note, that A3 you photographed above is the oldest M60A1 hull that I know of in existence. 16th to be produced not including the three reworked M60 hulls for the pilots.

Unfortunately I didn't get to the armory-forgot to use the new register for the map I made. Interesting that the one I did see is so old, though.

-> AFV News Discussion Board