Isle of Wight 3 Comets
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Isle of Wight 3 Comets Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:02 pm
    ----
3 Comets under refurbishment

jtrowbridge5.smugmug.c...33_qr7nQmh

Dennis

#2: Re: Isle of Wight 3 Comets Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:23 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

I remember back when Tank Overhaul did a show there on a Sherman hull they where working on, one of the guys talked about restoring three Comets which would give the musuem the only running Comet troop in the world.
Hope they make it!

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Isle of Wight 3 Comets Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:43 am
    ----
www.milweb.net/webverts/67698/

Is that one of them ?

#4: Re: Isle of Wight 3 Comets Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:49 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Folks!

I remember back when Tank Overhaul did a show there on a Sherman hull they where working on, one of the guys talked about restoring three Comets which would give the musuem the only running Comet troop in the world.
Hope they make it!

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

One of the Tank Overhaul episodes was, in fact, about a Comet restoration. I think I have it on DVR. ISTR them having a heck of a time getting the gun/mantlet for 17 pounder separated and the breech out of the turret.

The entire episode is viewable on Youtube here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0D6McRlILE

#5: Re: Isle of Wight 3 Comets Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:21 pm
    ----
- bialy-r
http://www.milweb.net/webverts/67698/

Is that one of them ?

I would say that it is one of them, but hard to say which one of the 4 it is exactly.

P-O

#6: Re: Isle of Wight 3 Comets Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:33 pm
    ----
After having analyzed the photos, I'd say that the one for sale is the second one listed as part of the IoW museum, on the register.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board