Bergepanzer Tiger (P)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:59 am
    ----

Photos of these beasts are as rare as hen's teeth!

#2: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: Smashy PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:43 pm
    ----
Not as rare as the RammPanzer version

#3: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:21 pm
    ----
That's a photo-shop job!

#4: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:47 pm
    ----
A BergeTiger hmm

What unit is this? Somewhere hot. Sometime when Zimmerit was standard.

Russia late august 44? Pure guesses on my behalf.

#5: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm
    ----
Who or what army is the person second from the left from? Strange hair and footware or just a passer by but then again there's epaulettes on the shirt. And sorry, but it a man or a woman??

#6: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:22 pm
    ----
It's taken in Italy, the Elephants were out of Russia by then.
Quite a mixture of uniforms and as to even the species of the person, 2nd left, you're guess is as good as mine!

#7: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:35 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
It's taken in Italy, the Elephants were out of Russia by then.

We can't be 100% sure about the location. Only one company from Schwere Panzerjägerabteilung 653 went to Italy and I am not sure if they had any Bergepanzar Tiger (P). The rest of the unit kept fighting on the eastern front and they were in Ukraine during summer 1944.

I guess Münch's books on Panzerjägerabteilung 653 and 654 would be the ultimate reference on this topic. They are both very expensive and one seems out of print.

Missing anything better, we could take a look at this german wikipedia page:
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/...eilung_653

Massimo

#8: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: claude_GILLONO PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:50 pm
    ----
Italy - 1st company with one "Bergetiger"
I own the Munch's book and the full story (and not so many photos unfortunately) is related
HTH

#9: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:55 pm
    ----
I own Munch's books too. They are just sitting on my bookshelves waiting for me to read them... I read a lot, but I have a very long backlog and those books are to heavy to carry around while I travel Smile

Thanks for the clarification Claude

Massimo

#10: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:56 pm
    ----
I have the 653 book, I will try to have a look tomorrow, but these people dont really look like German soldiers to me Smile

#11: Re: Bergepanzer Tiger (P) Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:06 am
    ----
Yes there was a BergeTiger model P.

Picture is taken duting withdrawal to Modena in 1944.

the book contains 3 images of this vehicle with the chassisnumber 150005

The last picture in the book on that page, shows the vehicle on August 2nd 1944 on a railwaycar in Piadena.

The people on the photograph are the crew of the vehicle.

-> AFV News Discussion Board