Time for a JG300 head count???
-> Officer's Club

#1: Time for a JG300 head count??? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:55 pm
    ----
1,000 lb. hog killed by bees

xfinity.comcast.net/ar...ee.Attack/

Shocked

#2: Re: Time for a JG300 head count??? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 pm
    ----
oops ! Shocked

#3: Re: Time for a JG300 head count??? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:11 pm
    ----
*rubbing hands together and speaking like Mr Burns... "eeeeeeexcellent".

#4: Re: Time for a JG300 head count??? Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:36 am
    ----
HERE!!

I really think it would take more than 250,000 bees to take us out. We've had worse odds with better outcomes.

Tree rats though.................. 1 bee = 1 less pest -

#5: Re: Time for a JG300 head count??? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:07 am
    ----
We mourn the passing of our brave and distinguished comrade.

Wonder if the meat was any good afterwards or was it full of bee venom?

#6: Re: Time for a JG300 head count??? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 pm
    ----
"Booth said he can't explain why the bees are so agitated this year"

Call me crazy but isn't this one a little obvious? Rolling Eyes

"Farmers were trying to move a hive that weighed around 200 pounds when about 250,000 Africanized bees swarmed like a black cloud and attacked animals and workers"

I guess if you tried to move my home I'd be a little "agitated" also. Laughing

#7: Re: Time for a JG300 head count??? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:50 am
    ----
Yeah, I dealt with two wasp's nests.
One this year, one last.
First you slow the wasps down with insecticide.
Then you spray wasp powder around the entrance so they carry it in and the residents feed on it.
Both times the whole colony was dead overnight.
Then I sprayed the nests with a liquidizer which destroys the fabric of the nest itself.

Hated detroying the nests.
They're incredibly beautiful structures.
But otherwise it's there for a new swarm next year.

Wasps chew wood and cardboard into a saliva and spit it to make the nest.
Little buggers were eating my house to make theirs!
Where would I store me nuts?

edit: btw, first time I did this I wore protective gear because I wasn't sure what would happen.
Next time I knew it was the right way to do it and repeated the exercise wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

#8: Re: Time for a JG300 head count??? Author: horseman88 PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:04 pm
    ----
I kept Bees during High School, as my 4-H and FFA project., and while it's technically a misnomer, the "Africanized HoneyBee" were once known as the Killer Bees of the old late 70's B movies (no pun intended) the African Strain are Highly Agressive in fact local Co-ops as well extensions of the Agri Colleges told us if any African bees got into our hives we were supposed to destroy the hive.

just thought I'd throw that bit of trivia out there

-> Officer's Club