Hosting
-> Hardware

#1: Hosting Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:15 pm
    ----
Hey Guys & Dolls
I finally got moved from Vernon, AZ to Maricopa, AZ(22 miles south of Phoenix). I am on cable internet and having trouble hosting IL2. I have a Motorola Modem model 585120 and a router Net Gear Model WGT624 v2. The cable Co is Oribitelcom.com Never heard of it and the technians don't know anything. The Squad members when they try to get in my hosted game it times out. Also they could not get in using my IP address. Any help out there? I have not changed anything in my router so all the ports are still port foewarded that I had in Vernon. I can be on TS if we can set up a day and time. I work at Lowes in Phoenix and have crazy times I work. I am off today Sat 9/24.
Rudder

#2: Re: Hosting Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:15 pm
    ----
Hi Rudder!

I suspect your New Cable Modem and Router are not working with each other. Did you open/forward the ports you need on both? Click HERE for more info on your modem. There's a link towards the bottom for a user manual as well as a couple other useful links. Wink

Also, when you use a combination of Router/Modem and another router, one has to be set up as a Bridge router. If you don't need to use both, I would suggest ditching one. If you need more ways to connect other computers, try using a switch or hub instead.

#3: Re: Hosting Author: RudderLocation: Maricopa, AZ PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:06 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Hi Rudder!

I suspect your New Cable Modem and Router are not working with each other. Did you open/forward the ports you need on both? Click HERE for more info on your modem. There's a link towards the bottom for a user manual as well as a couple other useful links. Wink

Also, when you use a combination of Router/Modem and another router, one has to be set up as a Bridge router. If you don't need to use both, I would suggest ditching one. If you need more ways to connect other computers, try using a switch or hub instead.
Thanks Bush
I got it working after did port forward, port trigger, and let the router auto connect. All I had to do was make sure the router was turned on before the modem/router. After they both were powered up then I just unpluged the cable from the router and plugged it back in. It found the IP and connected. Simple, but you have to know what to do.
Rudder

#4: Re: Hosting Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:57 am
    ----
Glad you got it and yes, the sequence is very important as the "discovery" of external and internal IP's needs to sync... Wink

-> Hardware