Truck question
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Truck question Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:30 pm
    ----
Greetings!

Found this baby while out & about yesterday on the side of a country road on the outskirts of Quantico. Not interested in purchasing but decided stop and take a few pix out of interest for the members here anyway.

Just curious what model is it and specifically, what's the story on the unusual shift pattern shown below?

Drivers side :

Interior:

Here's the crazy shift pattern - hop up & over to the right and down for the 3 -> 4 shift? Normal for this type of of vehicle?

Sign says "Runs Great! $5500".... sounds like a bargain for someone!

Quite a stout turn signal as well...

#2: Re: Truck question Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:50 pm
    ----
Deuce-and-a-half or 5-ton Cargo? I don't remember that shift pattern on the "deuce", but then, I don't remember camo on vehicles, either. Laughing

I'm guessing it's a newer deuce, but can't tell for sure.

#3: Re: Truck question Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 pm
    ----
Don't know about the camo, however my educated guess is a M35A2 2½ ton truck.
The A2 version is the most common of the M35

The 5ton truck has a big filter at the left front mudguard

Michel

#4: Re: Truck question Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:21 pm
    ----
It's a deuce, I agree it's an M35A2. Too new to be an A1 (which predates my 28 years of service) and I know it's not an A3 (too rare).

#5: Re: Truck question Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

I also agree that it is a deuce.

If you can not see an air cleaner, another way is to look at the gap between the rear edge of the front tire and the back edge of the fender. On a five ton there is enough room for the driver to get his upper body between the tire and the rear section of the fender. If I remember right, that gap is now a five ton driver gets to the fuel filters so he can drain the water out of them.

Spot report!
Sgt, Scouts out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board