The Lorraine Schlepper in Iraq
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The Lorraine Schlepper in Iraq Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:30 pm
    ----
I have posted some more pictures on my blog.

Please dont steal them, link to them instead.

Lorraine Schlepper

#2: Re: The Lorraine Schlepper in Iraq Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:53 pm
    ----
....why did we not bring this thing home? Surely there was an empty C-17 or something that could fit this in.

#3: Re: The Lorraine Schlepper in Iraq Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:39 pm
    ----
- VonForhud
I have posted some more pictures on my blog.

Please dont steal them, link to them instead.

Lorraine Schlepper

Nice pics.

C-C members you don't have to worry much about regarding pinching your pics. Visitors can be another matter. Wink

#4: Re: The Lorraine Schlepper in Iraq Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:25 am
    ----
- ShermanWasRight
....why did we not bring this thing home? Surely there was an empty C-17 or something that could fit this in.

The pictures were taken on two occasions. By Danish troops.

In Basra, or Bassroah if you like. The place was crawling with insurgents/freedom fighters, at both occasions.

The photographer wrote emails to Saumur, and two other museums, with the location, in case the area got more secure. He never heard from them.

Denmark has nothing, that can airlift it out of there, and it would be too dangerous to attempt.

-> AFV News Discussion Board