Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while...
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:21 am
    ----
Finally broke down and had to do a "system restore". I don't mean the benign one that takes you back in a time machine a couple of weeks, that option was not available (rootkit infestation), I mean the one that destroys all your files and all your apps. Yes, I have all data backed up (in triplicate), but I have to reinstall all my programs, etc., etc.

OTOH, it should make a big difference in performance after four years.

#2: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:58 am
    ----
YOUCH!!!!!

Man, that bites - very sorry to hear it and best of luck getting everything reinstalled and running well, bud.

Let us know if you need anything!

#3: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:20 am
    ----
I have two systems that need that done and I am not looking forward to it at all... Confused

Wheels

#4: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:43 am
    ----
Sorry to hear about your woes there Doug, mail me or PM me if there's anything I could help with in the retrieval department

#5: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 pm
    ----
That happens to everyone eventually, let us know if we can help... Wink

#6: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:08 am
    ----
Shocked if you need help - info - files - - you name it...shipping on CD or DVD no problem.....

#7: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:07 am
    ----
Well, it's the damndest thing. I've tried total system restores, de-installation and re-installation, correcting the "open with" for config files, everything I can think of, but I can't get reliable rudder authority. This is really ruining the experience (and if you think it's tough in fixed wing, try a helicopter with this issue). Yes, my FS2004 is a fully licensed product and what I used for years.

I can't even enjoy my own sceneries any more.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

#8: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:57 am
    ----
When you go to calibrate the stick does the rudder input act normally and smoothly? Or does the bar graph showing the input level jump around?

#9: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:22 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
When you go to calibrate the stick does the rudder input act normally and smoothly? Or does the bar graph showing the input level jump around?

Fixed it! The calibration was OK, but the rudder trim was WAY out of whack. Checking calibration inspired me to check this setting. Thanks!

#10: Re: Won't be simming or screenshotting for a while... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:19 am
    ----
Heh! Excellent! Glad it was a quick'n easy one...wish they could all be like that!

We're expectin' some great screenshot contributions now... Cool

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum