Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:54 pm
    ----
Hello,

seen in this gallery :
http://www.plasticwarfare.se/2011/09/sphf-annual-meeting-2011/

there may be two different Strv m21/29 there :

Do anybody know more about this? Where does the second one come from?

thanks

P-O

#2: Re: Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 pm
    ----
I'm not sure if I'm missing some subtlety in the question. In my 1994 book I list an m/21 and an m/21-29 at the Axvall museum (I haven't updated for the move to Arsenalen):

Preserved LKII Tanks

At the time the only photo I had of the m21-29 came from Bart Vanderveen and showed it outside, but it was moved inside later.

#3: Re: Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:11 am
    ----
The one indoor is the fm/21 the other is a m/21-29.

#4: Re: Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum? Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:15 pm
    ----
Gentlemen,
There are in total 4 remaining LK II in the world - 3 in Sweden, one in Germany.

- One fm/21 - original Benz engine - complete on display at Arsenalen Museum.
- One m/21-29 - rebuilt (1929) with Scania engine - not complete - former Gateguard from Tank Regiment in Visby - today on display in Panzermuseum Munster.
- One m/21-29 - rebuilt (1929) with Scania engine - not complete - until 2009 on display at Axvall Tank Museum - today in Arsenalen storage
- One m/21-29 - rebuilt (1929) with Scania engine - not complete - until 2001 Gateguard at the Tank Regiment in Strängnäs - today under cover at Arsenalen storage.

One of the two m/21-29 at Arsenalen will be restored to running condition during the next few years, hopefully running in 2016

Stefan Karlsson
Museum Director - Arsenalen

#5: Re: Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum? Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:39 pm
    ----
That's a great info that Arsenalen Museum is planing to restore to running condition one of his m/21-29 .

Could you maybe post photos of the m/21-29 from Arsenalen Museum collection ?

ps.

What about other Swedish vehicles ? are there any AFV which existence is for us a mystery (we don't know about it ?) :

the.shadock.free.fr/Su..._Tanks.pdf
the.shadock.free.fr/Su...d_Cars.pdf

Regards

Rafał

#6: Re: Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:48 pm
    ----
- Stefan_Karlsson
Gentlemen,
There are in total 4 remaining LK II in the world - 3 in Sweden, one in Germany.
Stefan Karlsson
Museum Director - Arsenalen

The German one, is currently (I believe) in the UK, being restored by Wheatcroft

#7: Re: Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 pm
    ----
Hello Mr Karlsson, I'm really glad that you decived to join this forum. First, I'm really glad to read that there are indeed 4 known LK II in the world. I only knew 2 of them until now.

Then ,it's always fine to learn from somebody that accepts to share his knowledge, and your knowledge of Swedish armor and of the vehicles displayed in the Arsenalen museum is first hand, that means we can be sure that it is exact information.

So again, thanks for sharing your knowledge !!

Pierre-Olivier

#8: Re: Two different Strv m21/29 at Arsenalen museum? Author: Stefan_Karlsson PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 pm
    ----
Happy to help as much as I can regarding Swedish vehicles/vehicles in Sweden.

Stefan Karlsson

-> AFV News Discussion Board