What was the fix for....?
-> FS2004

#1: What was the fix for....? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:47 am
    ----
After a recent full restore, I've had to re-install all my programs, including FS9. Some time ago, I recall being affected by some artifact that caused the rudder to kick over hard right randomly (and frequently). Someone posted a fix that I think was associated with Adobe Reader or something (it having caused some file change within FS9). Well, I've got the issue again following the install and can't recall the fix. I have the most recent version of Adobe Reader installed. "10" I think it is.

Anyone remember what ti was I need to do to get rudder authority back?

Thx.

#2: Re: What was the fix for....? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:59 am
    ----
Try THIS post... Wink

#3: Re: What was the fix for....? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:20 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Try THIS post... Wink

Well, that didn't work this time. I'm pretty sure I installed FSX first, and have just uninstalled it, problem persists. I can't find FS9 among programs in the control panel uninstall thingy, yet I can run it. Rolling Eyes

#4: Re: What was the fix for....? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:55 am
    ----
Dunno which OS you are using there XP or W7 ? in case of W7 make sure that you have admin rights and always install by right-clicking and installing as Administrator, also make darned sure the User Account Control is set to OFF.

if my memory serves me well then look at the airfiles in your fs9 setup and associate them with notepad.

as they are automagically associated with Adobe air wich we don't want Wink

#5: Re: What was the fix for....? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:18 pm
    ----
Hmmm. This one doesn't sound familiar to me, I've got nothing - sorry.

-> FS2004