Lorraine 37 L 44
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Lorraine 37 L 44 Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:18 am
    ----
HELP. I looking for information on the deployment of a short version of a German army .
Lorraine 37 L 44
Germans used it?
Where was deployed?
Do you have some photos of the tractors in the German army?

#2: Re: Lorraine 37 L 44 Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm
    ----
Have a look at this
svsm.org/gallery/lorraine37l44
and here
fhpubforum.warumdarum....topic=80.0

#3: Re: Lorraine 37 L 44 Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:12 pm
    ----
Clear, but I think the short version.Such as the video.
www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

It was this short version of the Germans?

#4: Re: Lorraine 37 L 44 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:11 pm
    ----
Hello,

AFAIK, the shortened 2-bogie version of the Lorraine 37L was produced in France between 1940 and 1944 only for civilian use (that means, agricultural or forestry-related tasks). I don't remember having read that the Wehrmacht used this shortened version in combat, however it was in use with the Free French in Southern France in Summer 1944.
The factory that built these "civilian" unarmoured tractirs did produce add-on armour that could be easily and quickly mounted on the tractor and they hide these armour plates from German forces. However, I think that only very few of these vehicles saw combat with the French.

Pierre-Olivier

#5: Re: Lorraine 37 L 44 Author: PatrikLocation: Czech republic PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:26 pm
    ----
Hi
So Short version in German camouflage is nonsense (non-existent)

#6: Re: Lorraine 37 L 44 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:10 pm
    ----
- Patrik
Hi
So Short version in German camouflage is nonsense (non-existent)

I think so.. until someone is able to prove the existence of such a use..

but I think that the people who paint a 2-bogie version in German colours think they are right, because the 3-bogie version was used by the WH. They don't know what was exactly the use of the 2-bogie version during the war, and that it was fabricated for civilian use.

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board