January 15th Sunday bush flight
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:14 pm
    ----
It's dark and cold, and you wake up rattling your teeth, and that's strange: where have the comforts of your luxury hotel in Seattle gone? Probing around you find a pocket light, switch it on, and find yourself in a tent, and an envelope nearby. The envelope contains a map and the instruction for your next mission, and to your amazement you discover you've been thrown here in the middle of the night, guess how: "This must have been that damned Rodion, the only one in the world with an obsession for Mount Cook."
Mr. Green

-----
#039 – NZMC – Mount Cook (New Zealand) - > NZMW – Makarora (New Zealand)
Overall distance: 114,6 nm.
Estimated time: 0:59 h.

NZMC
WP1 - Waypoint - HDG 154° - leg 25,3 nm.
WP2 - Waypoint - HDG 193° - leg 24,6 nm.
WP3 - Waypoint - HDG 272° - leg 2,1 nm.
WP4 - Waypoint - HDG 195° - leg 15,1 nm.
WP5 - Waypoint - HDG 226° - leg 10,9 nm.
WP6 - Waypoint - HDG 287° - leg 13,2 nm.
NZMW - no VOR - no NDB - HDG 354° - leg 23,5 nm.

Elevation: 1.060 ft.
runways:

15 – 1.969 ft. - grass – no ILS
33 – 1.969 ft. - grass – no ILS

Aircraft: stock Cessna C172SP Skyhawk
Cruise speed: 115 KIAS
Cruise altitude: 12.000 ft.
Weather: real
Time: 17:00 local –> 00:00 GMT

The package including flight plan, map, and text file in pdf format with navigation data can be downloaded here:
-> www.com-central.net/ma...BF_039.zip

Marco

P.S.: the stock Cessna is just a suggestion, other planes can be used. I see particularly fitting the Auster Autocrat and the DHC2 Beaver, and by now I believe you have them both.
Wink

#2: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 pm
    ----
and here the results for today's lil great flight into the New Zealand wilderness Razz

great turnout today so thankx to:

Randy
Hans
Jeff
Gunter
Buddy

for making this a fun flight into unknown terrains

p.s. click on the screenie for the full-size version Wink

Last edited by Uhu_Fledermaus on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: TuFun PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:35 am
    ----
Beautiful screenshots... which scenery Orbx or VLC?

#4: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:28 am
    ----
- TuFun
Beautiful screenshots... which scenery Orbx or VLC?

ORBX-FTX NZ South Island

#5: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: jeff3163Location: KBLI PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:50 am
    ----
Great pics!

Last edited by jeff3163 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:00 pm
    ----
Thanks Fled and Jeff for some great pics!

Sorry I missed the flight, but I had some family in from out of town ... Wink (I had my 'bushy' plane all waxed up and ready to go too...lol)

#7: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:08 pm
    ----
Hi Bush. We missed having you on the flight with us. It was a great flight and a great introduction to NZ South scenery. We had a good turnout too. I got my sound system working properly this morning so all is well with the world once more. Thanks Marco for the fun flight plan, great scenery, and to Fled and Jeff for the great pics. Looking forward to next Sunday's flight

Lazyeight

#8: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:12 pm
    ----
Very nice pics, thanks for sharing. Jeff, one question: what kind of instruments are displayed on two of your pics on top of the GPS?

#9: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: jeff3163Location: KBLI PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:55 am
    ----
- Snorre
Very nice pics, thanks for sharing. Jeff, one question: what kind of instruments are displayed on two of your pics on top of the GPS?

I have a clock, an OAT gauge, wind info, and an ASI. Below the GPS is a custom autopilot and Nav/GPS switch. Cool

Last edited by jeff3163 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: January 15th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:57 pm
    ----
Thanks Jeff!

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights