January 22nd Sunday bush flight
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights

#1: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:04 pm
    ----
Our second step along our exploration of New Zealand begins in the dark, a few minutes before sunrise. Mountains here are not that high, but there's always the risk to collide. So prudence suggests a fast climbing, even though the first leg of the flight runs above a lake. Later, in spite of the suggested cruise altitude, it is possible to dive lower, so to better appreciate the outstanding details of the landscape. Hint: at destination, try the shorter grass strip, there's more fun.
Cool

-----
#040 – NZMW – Makarora (New Zealand) - > NZMO – Te Anau / Manapouri (New Zealand)
Overall distance: 139,5 nm.
Estimated time: 1:12 h

NZMW
WP1 - Waypoint - HDG 174° - leg 23,5 nm.
WP2 - Waypoint - HDG 121° - leg 8,3 nm.
WP3 - Waypoint - HDG 104° - leg 10,8 nm.
WP4 - Waypoint - HDG 189° - leg 17,5 nm.
WP5 - Waypoint - HDG 300° - leg 5,5 nm.
WP6 - Waypoint - HDG 193° - leg 3,0 nm.
WP7 - Waypoint - HDG 258° - leg 11,9 nm.
WP8 - Waypoint - HDG 214° - leg 15,1 nm.
WP9 - Waypoint - HDG 193° - leg 15,7 nm.
WP10 - Waypoint - HDG 171° - leg 4,5 nm.
NZMO - VOR 117,80 MHz - NDB 346,0 kHz - HDG 226° - leg 23,7 nm.

Elevation: 695 ft.
runways:

8 – 5.230 ft. - bituminus – no ILS
26 – 5.230 ft. - bituminus – no ILS
14 – 3.179 ft. - grass – no ILS
32 – 3.179 ft. - grass – no ILS

Aircraft: stock Cessna C172SP Skyhawk
Cruise speed: 115 KIAS
Cruise altitude: 12.000 ft.
Weather: real
Time: 04:00 local –> 17:00 GMT

The package including flight plan, map, and text file in pdf format with navigation data can be downloaded here:
-> www.com-central.net/ma...BF_040.zip

Marco

#2: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: ribittLocation: Mississauga, Ontario PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:54 pm
    ----
I ran into an unusual problem with this flight plan. The originating airport, NZMW, is not recognized by FSX as an airport so you can not start a flight there. Plan-G does not show an airport symbol on their chart. And it doesn't seem top have an airport name.

I started the flight at NZUK, just to the east, and NZMW is shown as a waypoint.

Is it possible to edit the FSX data base? I don't think so.

Ribitt

#3: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:46 pm
    ----
Hi ribitt,

we use the ORBX FTX NZSI scenery, so probably if you don't have that, then the airfield won't show up.

Last edited by Uhu_Fledermaus on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:56 pm
    ----
Yeah Ribitt, Fled is right: Makarora is not present as an airfield into the stock FSX scenery, but it's an addition in the FTX add-on New Zealand scenery.

Of course, you may edit the flight plan so that you can take off from the closest available airfield, but without the FTX scenery you would miss, apart from facilities, an extremely higher level of detail.

That's as to say: the add-on is not mandatory, but I warmly suggest to grab it, because it is well worth its money.
Wink
Marco

#5: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: jeff3163Location: KBLI PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:38 am
    ----
There is a patch out for the NZSI scenery. Be sure to get that installed before the flight tomorrow. Make sure you switch to Oceania before installing the patch, and before the flight. See you on the tarmac.

#6: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:07 pm
    ----
almost forgot to tell ya guys, alas I won't be able to join the fun today as I have the late shift so won't be home till midnight here Sad

have fun and leave some parts of my plane for me to re-use it next week Razz Wink

fled
Cool

#7: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: jeff3163Location: KBLI PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:03 am
    ----
Whew, what a week. The story goes like this. . . . I was watching a movie on my computer tuesday night, (the wife was making fries earlier). Suddenly the fire alarm went off, and the rest is a blur. I ran to the kitchen and found the stove on fire, and a pan of grease blazing on the stove, the wall and ceiling were on fire. The fire travelled across the ceiling and ignited the other side of the room. I grabbed a fire extinguisher we had gotten for christmas, and fought back the blaze. I almost got it out. The room, the whole house was full of thick black smoke. The plastic exhaust fan was still burning in the vent. The fire department showed up in about 5 minutes, and finished things up for me. That was sooooo close. My parents house is attached to ours, and we would have lost everything. My computer room is right on the other side of the wall from the kitchen. Our house is over 100 years old, and wouldn't take long to burn to the ground. I was so lucky that we got a fire extinguisher for christmas, and I knew where it was. Everybody . . . give fire extinguishers for christmas! It saved my house. Five more seconds and I couldn't have contained the fire.

Anyway, so I came here to see if there's gonna be a flight this week. Sorry, no pics of the fire. Laughing

Last edited by jeff3163 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:22 am
    ----
WOW !!!

ppppppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffff, sure good to hear that you all are OK and foremost that nobody got hurt.

that's what we'd call a close shave !!

dang, I hope the damages aren't to severe, 100 year old houses tend to have a lot of wood in 'm, make sure to double check for hidden damages to the beams and stuff behind the walls.

#9: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:13 pm
    ----
Wow, good to hear you all are ok!!!

#10: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:59 pm
    ----
Good thing you had the fire extinguisher and knew where it was. Very glad you were all ok and that the house was saved. Hope we will be flying somewhere today.

Lazyeight

#11: Re: February 5th Sunday bush flight Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:00 pm
    ----
Today we did a flight without a plan, but it was fun anyway. I sure hope we hear from Marco soon....

Here are some pics:

This is how the airfield looked like when we landed there last weekend:

Here are three of us today, ready to go:

During the flight:

Everybody landed safely:

#12: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_MAINEiacLocation: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:19 pm
    ----
It was fun!

#13: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: Uhu_MAINEiacLocation: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:32 pm
    ----

#14: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 am
    ----
Good fun flying. Thanks for putting this one together.

Lazyeight

#15: Re: January 22nd Sunday bush flight Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:20 pm
    ----
Sorry I missed this one fella's, but I had some prior commitments to take care of... Sad

Thanks for the pics everyone!!!

-> Com-Central's FSX Bush Flights