M247 Sgt. York
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M247 Sgt. York Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:37 pm
    ----
M247 Sgt. York photos are posted on "My Gallery" page 2. These were of the two at Aberdeen (1 OD, 1 Camo)and one shown at AUSA in D.C. I tried to post all around views for modellers, and even have a few top photos. Take care, Rick

#2: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:51 pm
    ----
Can you provide a link?

#3: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Can you provide a link?

Neil,
He means his extensive gallery here at C-C. You can always view someone's gallery by clicking on their name and "my gallery". In this case, it's....

www.com-central.net/in...;album=195

#4: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:31 pm
    ----
Thanks JG 300. I'm not sure how to provide a link, and anyone may view my gallery! Rick

#5: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:06 pm
    ----
Where can I click on a name? On the left of the post there's no link with the name of the poster... Sorry if I'm missing something...

#6: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 pm
    ----
Ah yeah, I remember the old outdoors "petting zoo" (albeit a cramped one) at AUSA when it was at the Omni Shoreham. I have a similar picture with an M8 AGS.

www.com-central.net/in...=195&pos=3

Wish they did some sort of similar outdoor displays at the new convention center - although I guess BAE did actually take over some of the Building Museum space across the street last year...

#7: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:21 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Where can I click on a name? On the left of the post there's no link with the name of the poster... Sorry if I'm missing something...

Neil,
When in "forum view" (displaying all the threads) the names of the thread originator and most recent poster are displayed, you can click on either of those to display their profile, which will let you access their gallery.
D.

#8: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:47 pm
    ----
AUSA ( Association of US Army) was held at Washington Sheraton and the Omni years ago. Both hotels crammed the display vehicles together, and my photography "skills" and equipment at the time were strained! Anybody remember when Aberdeen Proving Ground Main Front had grand stand bleachers? They put on a great show!

#9: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:07 pm
    ----
I'd never really paid attention to those modified exhaust grill doors before. Some sort of IR missile countermeasure?

#10: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: junglejim65 PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 pm
    ----
Nice pics, thanks!
If you're logged in, the easy way is just to click on 'gallery' by the other stuff at the bottom.
eg:

Cheers,
Jim

#11: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 pm
    ----
- junglejim65
Nice pics, thanks!
If you're logged in, the easy way is just to click on 'gallery' by the other stuff at the bottom.
eg:

Cheers,
Jim

Those options don't seem to appear if you're logged in with the 'afv' theme. They're clearly useful so I've swapped from 'afv' to 'ComCentralX' theme.

#12: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:28 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- junglejim65
Nice pics, thanks!
eg:

Cheers,
Jim

Those options don't seem to appear if you're logged in with the 'afv' theme. They're clearly useful so I've swapped from 'afv' to 'ComCentralX' theme.

As do I. Member "Wheelsupcavu" has noted the following:

AFV - No links below the posts or anywhere else.
AFV2 - Has the links below the post
AFV3 - No links below the posts or anywhere else
ComCentral3 - Links are under the users Avatar
ComCentralNT - Links are under the users Avatar
ComCentralX - Has the links below the post
default - Has the links below the post
dragonfly - Has the links below the post
Groundpounder - Has the links below the post

...ergo, I have gone upstairs to kick some hiney to see what we can do about getting that fixed. Laughing

In the meantime, use "AFV2" as your page theme design. The way to set your page appearance function is to go to "home", then scroll down the right hand bar to "theme preview". Click on your choice there. if you like what you see, go to "my account", 'My preferences" and there you can choose/save any theme you like and will get that presentation anytime you log in.

I like the dark colors of the AFV themes, they are much easier on the eyes, especially at night or if you just don't like bright page looks.

#13: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:16 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

Thanks for the info. I tryed AFV 2 and just to see what it looks like AFV 3. AFV 2 is to dark for my old eyes so I am using AFV and visiting the gallerys the long and slow way.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#14: Re: M247 Sgt. York Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:13 am
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

Thanks for the info. I tryed AFV 2 and just to see what it looks like AFV 3. AFV 2 is to dark for my old eyes so I am using AFV and visiting the gallerys the long and slow way.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

We hope to have the original AFV light tan or whatever, my preference, sorted out soon, maybe this weekend. Some other upgrades coming so it's easier for the super to do it as part of the package. Wink

-> AFV News Discussion Board