Tiger Replica
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tiger Replica Author: blair PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:37 am
    ----
I've posted links to this site before and they have disappeared I hope you guys can see this one

www.liveleak.com/view?...1328812704

#2: Re: Tiger Replica Author: Rick_EshlemanLocation: Lewes, Delaware, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 am
    ----
Blair,
I viewed it with no problem. Nice replica, Thanks for sharing. Rick Eshleman

#3: Re: Tiger Replica Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:49 am
    ----
Very impressive, it looks real to me!

#4: Re: Tiger Replica Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm
    ----
Is it known if the turret is capable of traverse?

Also, what are the what-look-like-counterweights on the inner road wheels for? Or are they like wear plates or something to protect against friction with the outer wheels?

#5: Re: Tiger Replica Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:06 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

You have to really take a good look at her. The team that build that did an outstanding job.
I wonder what will happen to her after the movie is finished?

- Doug_Kibbey

.... what are the what-look-like-counterweights on the inner road wheels for? Or are they like wear plates or something to protect against friction with the outer wheels?

Hey Doug, your old scout eyes need a check up. That odd pattern on the inner road wheels is either primer or a base coat of paint. They forgot to move it when they put the gray paint on.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts out!

#6: Re: Tiger Replica Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:32 pm
    ----
Roy

You beat me to the punch...(LOL)

If you watch the roadwheels, they get out of 'alignment' while moving around. Some seem to turn more than others, thus the paint pattern becomes obvious.

I never realized that this might happen, but I guess it shows how some 'slippage' or uneven rotation occurs.

A VERY convincing replica. A true work of art. I imagine that it will end up in someones private collection, somewhere.

Regards
Don

#7: Re: Tiger Replica Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:03 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle

Hey Doug, your old scout eyes need a check up. That odd pattern on the inner road wheels is either primer or a base coat of paint. They forgot to move it when they put the gray paint on.

You are undoubtedly correct, on both counts.
I'm sorta' surprised that they didn't consider that at the time, however

#8: Re: Tiger Replica Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:02 am
    ----
As I've said earlier in the replicas thread, it's the new standard against which all others will be judged. I'm not even bothered by the commanders pistol port Smile

#9: Re: Tiger Replica Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:38 am
    ----
And for sale at €380.000 Smile

Tiger Replica

#10: Re: Tiger Replica Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:41 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Found this link over on the Missing-Lynx Axix DG. Number of pictures showing the build.

englishrussia.com/2012...more-92242

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#11: Re: Tiger Replica Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:25 pm
    ----
In those pictures the hull and turret metal looks a little thin - I wouldn't want to drive it hard across country, I can see it buckling.

#12: Re: Tiger Replica Author: Coldsteel PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:50 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Roy

You beat me to the punch...(LOL)

If you watch the roadwheels, they get out of 'alignment' while moving around. Some seem to turn more than others, thus the paint pattern becomes obvious.

I never realized that this might happen, but I guess it shows how some 'slippage' or uneven rotation occurs.

A VERY convincing replica. A true work of art. I imagine that it will end up in someones private collection, somewhere.

Regards
Don

The wheels will also end up unsynchronised if they are not precisely the same diameter.

Nice piece of work though, very nice.

Michael

-> AFV News Discussion Board