Rise of Flight section?
-> Rise of Flight

#1: Rise of Flight section? Author: PB4Tazman PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 am
    ----
Hi all!

I was wondering if there was any interest in adding a ROF section in the flight sims part of the forums list?

For those who may be interested, Rise of Flight is a WWI combat simulation.

Also, just FYI, Rise of Flight has an unlimited free demo that includes all functionality of the whole game with two free planes.
It is a fantastic combat sim and is expanding all the time!

Here is a link to get the free demo: riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

Here is a link for the Iron Cross Edition of the game ( 9 additional flyable planes) on sale: www.fspilotshop.com/pr...ts_id=2740

Sorry for posting in the software section, but there isn't a Rise of Flight one, so I was unsure where to post this.

Cheers!

PB4Tazman

#2: Re: Rise of Flight section? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 am
    ----
Adding in a new forum is easy enough... Wink

Tazman, do you have a regular group(s) or squad(s) you fly ROF with?

#3: Re: Rise of Flight section? Author: PB4Tazman PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:16 pm
    ----
I fly with a small group of guys. We call ourselves the Prop-Busters, but we are not really a squad per-se. We flew a long time in IL2 1946 then recently started in Rise of flight. We fly @ 11:00 EST most nights. Do you fly Rise of Flight? We are pretty new to the sim, so we only have tried the New Wings server a few times (got shot down more often than not!) but had a very good time, just need some more time and practice.

Cheers!

PB4Tazman

#4: Re: Rise of Flight section? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:34 am
    ----
I downloaded the Demo some time back and briefly tried it out but in all sincerity didn't spend much time with it. Since then, time has been at a premium and I haven't been back to the game to check it our further.

It does look interesting and who doesn't like WW1 aircraft?... Wink

Anyone else here at Com-Central spent any time with ROF?

Smile

#5: Re: Rise of Flight section? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:48 pm
    ----
Thanks PB4Tazman! We now have a new forum!

#6: Re: Rise of Flight section? Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:01 pm
    ----
-S-

When I get back on line I will be there for sure. Looks like a great sim....!!!

Hammer

#7: Re: Rise of Flight section? Author: PB4Tazman PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm
    ----
Thanks for adding this forum!

Hammer, it is a great sim. Having been a longtime IL2 WWII sim fan, I was a little hesitant about trying it. I thought it would be boring compared to the higher speeds of the WWII aircraft..........I WAS WRONG!! LOL The combat is as exciting as anything I have tried. The sense of "flight" to me is the best, even compared to MSFS.

I want to spread the word about this sim because I enjoy it so much and the more people the better!

Cheers!
PB4Tazman

-> Rise of Flight