Wien. Military Museum
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 pm
    ----

SK-105 Kürassier by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#32: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:59 pm
    ----
This vehicle gave me one of those "What the..." moments that make a visit to a collection worth the trip Smile

It's a very crude conversion. You will get a better feeling of it from this "pole" shot:

SK-105 Kürassier ARV by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#33: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 pm
    ----
As far as I understand, this was an improved model, with stabilized turret and more.

SK-105 Kürassier prototype by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#34: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:40 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I'll pick up the Borgward picture. I suppose that Walter will use the photo of the RSO for his PDF too.

an let me see... I'll pick up the M7B2 picture too. That's it for this evening !! thanks !!

I think the picture you have in the SU-100 is very good. I've posted a few more on Flickr, just in case:
www.flickr.com/photos/...220689906/

Massimo

#35: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 pm
    ----
Very interesting pictures you have there, Massimo.
By the way, I have a nagging suspicion that the SK-105 prototype is the prototype for the SK-105A3 version. I have pictures of it fitted with an L7 gun, just like the one with the multi-slotted muzzle brake visible in your picture and a different gunner's sight. I guess the configuration it is displayed in was an alternative.
For comparison: www.mainbattletanks.cz...k105a3.jpg

#36: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:17 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I think the picture you have in the SU-100 is very good. I've posted a few more on Flickr, just in case:
www.flickr.com/photos/...220689906/

Massimo

also included in the latest version of the PDF file Rolling Eyes thanks

P-O

#37: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:48 pm
    ----

These off those?
They're for sale, about 59 available!
www.flanderstechsupply.../races.asp

Last edited by Pzkpfw-e on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

#38: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:16 pm
    ----
- Costas_TT
Very interesting pictures you have there, Massimo.

Glad you like them. I am uploading artillery pictures too, with some fancy subject.

I'll take the opportunity to tell that I really appreciate your contributions to the forum. You have been around only for a short amount of time but already managed to share very valuable information, with a friendly and constructive attitude.

Massimo

#39: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 pm
    ----
The feeling is mutual. I'm learning a lot here, too.

#40: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:52 am
    ----
that's what is called a "win-win cooperation". You always get more when you share information than when you keep it for yourself.

P-O

#41: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:16 pm
    ----
Visited the place again last December. The outdoor area opens only during spring/summer and large part of the WW I was closed for renovation. But I've got the opportunity to get better pictures of some WW II subject stored indoor. Light is poor and flash forbidden, so it's not that easy:

Borgward B IV by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#42: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:17 pm
    ----
RSO by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#43: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:17 pm
    ----
Kubelwagen by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#44: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:19 pm
    ----
Kettenkrad by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#45: Re: Wien. Military Museum Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:24 pm
    ----
Hi Massimo

Very happy to see some pictures from there
specialy the RSG. You mentioned this as RSO but it is RSG ( Raupen Schlepper Gebirge )

Walter

-> AFV News Discussion Board