I need some help IDing these
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: I need some help IDing these Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:43 pm
    ----
Hello everyone, Can someone give me the proper designations for these vehicles?
sucky pic's I know

1. T-80BV

2 BTR-D

3 ATM Berezina

4 T-55AD with the Drozd hard kill active protection system

5 ACRV M1974 (NATO designation)

6 SPU (Self-propelled floodlight)
this worked well, thanks Doug

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:58 am; edited 8 times in total

#2: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:03 am
    ----
Number 1 is a T72B, with era.
(Are these from Kubinka? Looks like their sheds)
Number 4 is a T55AD
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...system.jpg

#3: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 am
    ----
Pzkpfw-e Yes these are at Kubinka, always seems a couple I can't ID when I get home. and Thank you every lttle bit helps

#4: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:19 pm
    ----
Number 1 is a T-80 (see vision slots for driver (3) and roadwheel arrangement in ''groups of two'', no exhaust on left side), probably a BV.

T-72 has one vision slot for the driver and the roadwheels have equal space between them.

regards
Lesley

#5: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm
    ----
The T-55 is a T-55AD with the Drozd hard kill active protection system.

The second photo shows a BTR-D.

BMP: ATM "Berezina" (ATM stands for avariyno-transportnaya mashina) is a decommissioned BMP-1 converted into a civilian multi-purpose emergency transport vehicle with built-up heated and glazed crew and passenger compartment sections. It is equipped with a load platform with a capacity of 500 kg. The "Berezina" was designed in the early 1990s for delivering goods and passengers to hard-to-reach places, welding in the field and towing road vehicles.

The vehicle under the T-55AD is most likely an ACRV M1974 (NATO designation), i.e. an 1V12/13/14/15/16 artillery command vehicle. Without a closer look at its turret I can't say more.

Last edited by Costas_TT on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:42 pm
    ----
Don't you have photos with tables visible?

#7: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:58 pm
    ----
No some were missing I guess, I do have this one I believe its from the Searchlight Vehicle. I figure out of 300 or so vehicles i didn't miss many. Thanks everyone for your help so far.

#8: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:40 pm
    ----
You're welcome. By the way, the designation for the BMP variant is ATM Berezina. The "BMP:" was to denote the photo I was referring to.
As for the data plate, it's indeed for the searchlight vehicle. Let's run it through google translate, shall we?
"самоходная прожекторная установка (Self-propelled floodlight) SPU
Developed by the Sverdlovsk Heavy Engineering Plant KB (Design Bureau) in 1961. It is intended to assist armored forces in night actions.
Main characteristics of the SPU:
Combat weight, tonnes 20
Engine: V configured, four-stroke 12-cylinder liquid cooled V-105 diesel kW (HP) 294 (400)
Max speed, km/h 63.4
Range, km 700
Armored: bulletproof (i.e. armored against small arms fire)
Crew, men 3
Weapons: Projector: Type TP-15-1 lens diameter 1,500mm
Light Source: high-intensity arc lamp 150A 10 kW/110V.
Energy source: PG-22/115 generator."

The phonetic typing and virtual keyboard features are fantastic! Twisted Evil

#9: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:59 am
    ----
Wow, You guys are good are we in agreement on the names? Thanks everyone...........

#10: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:21 pm
    ----
Again, you are welcome.
By the way, I wonder why the ACRV didn't have a data plate. It would have helped to positively identify it. If there actually was one and you photographed it, look for designations in the 1V12-16 range. Bear in mind that the letter V in Cyrillic script is the Latin B. Thus it would read 1B12/13/14/15/16.
Also, the vehicle behind the T-55AD is the Объект 167 (Article 167) T-62 based prototype. The suspension of the T-72 was derived from it.

otvaga2004.narod.ru/pu...ect167.htm

ser-sarajkin.narod2.ru...455085.htm

nnm.ru/blogs/krapich/v...dolzhenie/

#11: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm
    ----
IIRC it is the other way around, the cyrillic ''B'' is a latin ''V''. A latin ''B'' will be this; ''Б'' when translated to cyrillic. It should indeed on Russian signs as 1Bxx etc

regards,
Lesley

#12: Re: I need some help IDing these Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 pm
    ----
Yes, I tried to visually describe how it's written, not how it is pronounced. You're right on the pronounciations though.

-> AFV News Discussion Board