Hotas Warthog Joystick
-> Hardware

#1: Hotas Warthog Joystick Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:21 pm
    ----
I got this masterpiece today and I like it very much. There is, however, a problem that reduces the fun considerably: I cannot programm the Coolie Hat of the joystick. It should be able to be used as a trim button, i.e. Function in four ways. But this does not work, neither with the FSX controls menue nor with the TARGET software, that comes with it. Does anybody uses this joystick and may have an idea what could be wrong? I also checked the internet to find a ready made function file, but I only found scripts for the DCS
A10, which I don't need, because with the A10 everything works just fine. It is just the FSX that makes problems.

#2: Re: Hotas Warthog Joystick Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 am
    ----
Gunter, congratulations on having this fantastic piece of equipment. I have been reading customer reviews of it on the Amazon site. One person said the programming of it improved greatly by using LINDA which was a free download from AVSIM. You might look that up and with using FSUIPC you might be able to get things set up just like you want. There are some really good reviews of this product. Good luck in getting it to run like you want it to.
Lazyeight

#3: Re: Hotas Warthog Joystick Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 am
    ----
Found this on the web...

- Web Post
Did some reading in the Gui manual, and if you want to use the Hat Switch for trim, all you do is hold down LCRL, push the hat switch up for trim up, down for trim down, left for left wing down, and right for right wing down. Already set up in the Sim.

Found it at THIS SITE...

I can't speak for FSX and if it works however... Wink

Congrats Gunter, that stick seems to be the last one you'll ever need....

#4: Re: Hotas Warthog Joystick Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm
    ----
Thanks Buddy, thanks Jerry.

Linda requires a registered version of FSUIPC and since I don't need FSUIPC in that version at all I'm trying to find a solution without paying for FSUIPC.

The other post refers to the DCS A-10 mapping, which was a helpful hint as well. I'll dig into that once the FSX is running.

After all, I have to come up with a flightplan for next sunday...lol

#5: Re: Hotas Warthog Joystick Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:49 pm
    ----
- Gunter
After all, I have to come up with a flightplan for next sunday...lol

Now that you mention it...lol

#6: Re: Hotas Warthog Joystick Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 am
    ----
Thanks for your help, I got this monster working. No problem now for our next trip through the valleys of Idaho...

#7: Re: Hotas Warthog Joystick Author: nehaali PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:41 am
    ----
kewl... anyone know of small form cases that handle full size mobo? I want to use one to hide my old gamer that I am using for my hdtv....

#8: Re: Hotas Warthog Joystick Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:48 pm
    ----
Not offhand. You may want to build something custom fit... Wink

-> Hardware