may need a new forum by and by
-> Prepar3D

#1: may need a new forum by and by Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:53 am
    ----
just purchased Prepar3D flightsim from Lockheed Martin academic licence for $49.99. I was looking to upgrade from FS2004 and since Microsoft Flight bites it big time IMHO. I looked elsewhere. Lockheed purchased the rights to Microsoft's Professional edition Flight Sim. This actually can be used for training but here are the cool things. It is more stable than FSX and runs smoother, runs at better frame rates and is still being actively improved by Lockheed Martin. It has run everthing from FSX I have tried in it and ORBX is actively supporting it including some stunning freeware scenery. A forum has already started over at Sim Outhouse.

www.prepar3d.com/

screen shot with the FSX Orbx freeware Grumann Goose. It even includes a default working submarine and supports air, land and sea traffic, including the aforementioned submarine

#2: Re: may need a new forum by and by Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:18 am
    ----
- piney
just purchased Prepar3D flightsim
A forum has already started over at Sim Outhouse.

Hmmm..., an opportunity arises.
Muwahahaha!

[What C-C actually needs is an 'Evil Skwirrell' smiley face icon.]

#3: Re: may need a new forum by and by Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 am
    ----
That is indeed quite interesting! It's good to know that something is being done with the original FSX engine, and back in the day Phil whats-his-name with Microsoft did allude to possible markets to other companies that may buy the core engine for use in their own simulator application(s).

#4: Re: may need a new forum by and by Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:01 am
    ----
ORBX-FTX is working closely together with with LM to get this on the road, should be DX11 compatible with version 2.0 due later this year and no worries your upgrade will be free of charge afaik Wink

ORBX-FTX also made an applet that you can port over your FTX Sceneries free of charge Smile

and yes once this baby is grown up it's gonna be mind blowing everything the M$ left to do should be addressed

#5: Re: may need a new forum by and by Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm
    ----
just to whet your appetite Stoopy, two of the default planes are by JustFlight, one of them is this

Wink

#6: Re: may need a new forum by and by Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:12 pm
    ----
Academic license you say, eh? Looks like the tuition fees for Stoopy Mk.II's education are about to pay some unexpected dividends!

#7: Re: may need a new forum by and by Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:47 pm
    ----
Thanks for the suggestion Piney... Wink

#8: Re: may need a new forum by and by Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:06 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Academic license you say, eh? Looks like the tuition fees for Stoopy Mk.II's education are about to pay some unexpected dividends!

I figured that by now you'd have explained to Stoopy MkII that ed-u-ma-ca-tion is over-rated and to save save him the stigma of becoming a social elitist, you've spent his tuition fund on a Roush crate motor for the Mustang.

As long as it's bequeathed to him, I'm sure he'd understand (unless you grenade the motor before passing to the Great Sty in the Sky). Wink

-> Prepar3D