somebody stole the Sty!!!!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm
    ----
Laughing just kidding, "borrowed" your PT-19 to show you what Orcas Island looks like in Prepar3D

#2: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:56 pm
    ----
Don't know what "Prepar3D" is, but it obviously overwrites any "civic improvements" that were made. Evil or Very Mad

#3: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:24 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Don't know what "Prepar3D" is, but it obviously overwrites any "civic improvements" that were made. Evil or Very Mad

check out the "need a new forum by and by" thread in the officers club Laughing

#4: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:29 am
    ----
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

I'm thinking it might be a wise idear to see what scenery design tools are available for this thang (or if anything better has come along for FSX since I last looked a few years back). A ported-and-refreshed 'Sty woud do wonders for ensuring a new home well into the next era.

#5: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 pm
    ----
Stoopy,

you can keep using the fsX SDK SP2 then it's just a lil portover to P3D Wink

#6: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 pm
    ----
Sadly, the Stymeister never used the SDK for FSX...all my sceneries were done with FSSC (which I don't even have anymore) for FS2002/4. Some will work in FSX with the occasional anomaly like a parked aircraft or something that has semi-transparent textures (Phu Bai on the C-130). I'd be surprised if any of it worked in upgraded FSX engines. I wasn't that impressed with what FSX had to offer so I just fly FS9 anymore.

#7: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 am
    ----
There goes the neighborhood.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEjokW28xP4

#8: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:26 am
    ----
the freeware ADE (Airport Design Editor) has issued a beta that is speciffically set up for Prepar3D

We have just finished a build for ADE that is designed to run properly against Prepar3D.

This means that if you have P3D then it will appear as an option in the Version Selector. Each FS version in ADE is setup in a separate compartment. So the P3D version (ADEP) should not cross over at all with FSX. It has it's own databases (from P3D) and uses the P3D SDK for the compilers. It should connect to P3D etc etc.

The problem for me is that this is not a trivial exercise and several hundred lines of code have been updated to allow the separation of FSX and P3D. As a result it is quite possible that ADEX and/or ADE9 will behave badly and ADEP will crash.
It would help me greatly if folks with P3D would test it in that mode and folks without P3D but with FSX and/or FS9 would test the update for me.

here is a list I made that may be of interest

FSX programs compatible with Prepar3D
FSUIPC - Ensure latest version 4.758 is used, marked P3D compatible
Flight Environment Extreme will write directly to the Texture folder of P3D if the file paths are changed in the options screen and a dummy fsx.exe is placed in the main P3D folder
EZDOK
A2A AccuFeel works ok EXCEPT it doesn't make entries in the dll.xml so you have to make the entry manually
Active Sky 2012
Rex Essential in beta testing now
ADE-Airport Design Editor beta for Prepar3D
MyTraffic 5.4a for Prepar3D
FsDreamTeam to support Prepar3D
Orbx some scenery

Pablo Diaz HDE textures

Plus of course the Prepar3D SDK pack

#9: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 am
    ----
alas, the current Pig Sty crashes Prepar3D Crying or Very sad

#10: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:40 pm
    ----
- piney
alas, the current Pig Sty crashes Prepar3D Crying or Very sad

Pity. You know, the Sty did not modify the runway, taxiway or apron at all. It's only objects added to a pre-existing airfield in FS9 for personal eye candy. Odd that it should crash it.

Doesn't bode well for any of my other scenery's.

#11: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 pm
    ----
It's just something about the BGL file created with the particular scenery utility that was used that FSX doesn't like nor apparently, does Prepar3D. If memory serves right, it acts differently whether or not crash detection is turned on (or did, prior to any of the service packs, I think). I recall doing a fair bit of testing in the early days of FSX because I so much wanted the Pigsty scenery to work in FSX, and I could trigger the crash by having the scenery active in FSX and start a flight outside the pigsty area (Seattle, for instance) and fly towards Orcas island, as soon as I got close to the island - within the area the BGL file should cover - it would hang up FSX every time.

Using the SDK tools for FSX I actually did make some 'other' scenery for FSX on a nearby island, with a workshop, tool cabinet, couple old cars sitting around, but out of respect for the original 'Sty didn't take it any further or do anything with it - just a little private island to enjoy from time to time.

#12: Re: somebody stole the Sty!!!! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:56 am
    ----
...should go without sayin' that Ascout will not be offended if another Sau would like to update the Sty to FSX (or beyond) standards...doing their own interpretation. I did what i did with what I had to work with...someone else might have a different vision and that's fine. I'm unlikely to do any more scenery design or update my skillz to FSX, etc. by all means, have at it.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum